NHL prospect career in jeopardy over video game addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Holy **** can someone please tell me who the prospect is so we can finally bury this nerd thread? Clearly it's not Juolevi who is tracking just fine and even the dumbass who made this rumor admitted that.

You think this thread would be buried if this unknown player got outed?

I would think the exact opposite would happen.

Reactions: Kahvi

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Not sure how old you are but I can completely relate to your contempt for this and the upcoming generation that is flat out addicted to terrible games and continue to feed their addiction by watching other people do the exact same thing they are doing.

My first gaming experience was the Atari and then went from C-64 to Amiga500 , 1200 to PC then PS1 and then just completely quit because I felt like I was wasting a lot of time. Mind you this was well before online gaming and the closest I ever got to "multiplayer gaming" back in the day was hanging out with the teammates and taking turns against each other on the PS1.

After a somewhat longer "gaming" break I got myself a 360 and then moved on to the Xbox One which I still have, so it's not like I'm completely foreign to gaming and how it can be fun especially when you have a stressful day.
I however never felt the need nor desire to be the best at moving my fingers with a controller in my hand while sitting on my ass.

It's a sign of our times that something as silly as e-Sports is now considered for the Olympics and in some cases is more popular than sports which require true dedication and physical prowess as opposed to spending 48 hours eating Doritos, drinking Mountain Dew and just trying to get the muscle memory down pat in your fingers.

Yes, sure I'm the old angry man yelling at the cloud or whatever meme you want me to be. This whole gaming fad is however still a perfect example of how we as a society have moved towards trying to escape reality.

Let those sour cream tanned kids have fun and make some dough, it's their life and they can do whatever stupid thing they want to do.

hey, at least you're self aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad