M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canucks should be lower weve lost 4 straight outscored 20-5

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
there's a clear drop up after 5, you could put a few teams at 6 including Washington.

That was my thinking, and Washington has the best track record for regular-season success as the two-time reigning Presidents' Trophy winners who seem to be trending up lately, so the Capitals got that spot over a few other (equally) worthy teams.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Why is Edm so high?
Why is Edm so high?

Yeah, that doesn't look good right now, but if you watched tonight's game, Edmonton outplayed Nashville pretty badly despite losing 4-0. The Oilers have been "visually" better lately, so that ranking is applying a bit of foresight in presuming Edmonton will climb the standings/improve its record between now and game No. 41 (the next edition of these Power Rankings).

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Pleased to see my team ranked high, but I don't think we're the 6th best team. I'd put us in the 10-15 range.
Every Metro team should have at least +2..3 to their rank just because they are playing in this bloody hell.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Seems to be some confirmation bias. Avs at 2-3? Drop 3 spots to near the bottom. Oilers at 3-2? Up 5 spots to 21.

Are the near .500 Avs having a near .500 week really bottom 4? Not as long as MacKinnon is healthy.

It’s not just these power rankings. Everybody does it.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Colorado and Buffalo are hard to rank from one edition to the next. Personally, I keep thinking Colorado is going to get worse and Buffalo is going to get better. So these rankings reflect that a bit, but I agree that Nate MacKinnon has been beastin' all season long and we saw what Jack Eichel is capable of last night (albeit in a losing effort).

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
After Thursday debacle and how inconsistent the team has been the last 2 weeks I'd have the Jets around #5 to #7. I understand all teams go through ebb's and flow's throughout the season but the games they have lost minus the Tampa game have been utterly brutal which has me worried. Not too mention Helly has looked like he's taking tips from Wade Flaherty again like he obviously did last season. I have faith the team will turn it around as all good teams do but with a coach like Maurice I always have my doubts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad