NHL Power Rankings Through 20-25 Games

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Wasn't plugging your own site on here illegal at one point?

Also purposely came into here just to say I wont click that crap after the joke they started the season with. They purposely throw teams in stupid spots for clicks/views.

My NHL site would certainly get a ton more views too if I was allowed to post links on the main page.

Feel free to post a link to your Power Rankings...I'd love to see them. I can only imagine they are more thorough and insightful than mine, not to mention more "accurate".

Predictions are predictions. One person's opinion. I gave mine. Some are holding up, many are not. Hindsight is always 20/20 and technically the season is still young. I'm sorry you weren't a "fan" of my Preseason Predictions. Those were my honest opinions, for better or worse.

As for "plugging your site" on here, I am not the owner of THW. I am not even paid on a traffic-based commission. Yes, I have generated more than a million "clicks" for that site in the last three years thanks largely to the support of the HF community. I respect the opinions of most HF posters and have always shared my work here, dating back to 2002. That's 15 years of "plugging my sites" on these boards. The mods that have been around that long have always supported me in sharing my work here as long as I'm engaging the readers and responding to comments, not just dropping links and never following up. I've been an active member here for more than 15 years, so I think I've earned that right and I think most of HF enjoys my contributions. Plus, I formerly had my own blog page for a few years which was an HF Partner site and that also permitted me to cross-promote.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
"A case can certainly be made for Calgary to be ranked a couple spots higher — or even a handful — with the Flames falling five places through no real wrongdoing of their own. Would Calgary beat San Jose and/or Los Angeles in a seven-game series starting tomorrow? It’s entirely possible, especially with the way Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan have been filling the net lately and essentially all season. Perhaps the Flames and Kings should be swapped here, but we’ll see how Calgary fares in its two games against Toronto and in the second installment of the Battle of Alberta after getting blanked by Edmonton in their season opener."

You actually come out and say that they probably should be higher in the rankings, as many as five places, yet want to see what they do in the next few games before deciding.

I'm not one for Power Rankings on the whole, seem more like a giant ego stroke, but I am pretty sure they are based on the body of work to date, not about what they may or may not do in the future, no?

Seems like lazy ranking to me.......

Yes and no, if you read the last edition of my Power Rankings (through 15 games), I detailed the determining factors for my list. I noted "There has to be a balance between results and expectations, but that can be a fine line and a moving target as the season progresses. It has to be a hybrid of sorts." The full link is here for those interested: https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-power-rankings-through-15-games/

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
Power rankings are still a thing? :laugh:

I always enjoy watching various fanbases get enraged by their team being 'slighted' in the latest power rankings.

EDIT: I just noticed these are your personal power rankings. That's a lot of work right there, congrats to you for putting in the effort that I doubt very many would.

Reactions: libertarian

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3