News Article: NHL Players are going to the Olympics

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I don't see Ward making it back into the running.

Faulk I think is a lock. Semin and Tlusty are locks I think also.
Eric and Jordan are both probably locks.
Ruutu if healthy should be.

Skinner is a maybe.

Gleason not a chance.

Sekera maybe.

I'd say Sekera is more than 'maybe'. He's pretty close to a lock.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Unless Jordan goes completely insane in the first half he has zero chance of making this team. There are at least 3 guys that do his job better than him (Toewes, Bergeron, Richards) and its on the large ice. If Eric has a slow start even he might be on the bubble (though unlikely). Either some here way overrate Jordan or way underestimate how loaded Canada is down the middle.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I hope Cam takes this the way he should and has a chip on his shoulder going into next season. This is one of those cases where I wish he had some of that "crazy arrogant goalie" in him, like Roy.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'm actually shocked that Ward wasn't invited. Canada doesn't have great goalie depth, and Ward has put in his time with the team at the WC's.

Are we sure it's not injury related?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
thanks. the D/G were throwing me off since I don't know French.

D = Droit (right)
G = Gauche (left)

Yup. When something is "gauche," as in tactless or crude, you're saying it's left-handed. Not surprisingly, adroit and right-handedness are related. Hooray for righties!

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Mike Komisarek says hello.
Keep forgetting about this guy, but he might as well be from a Tuvalu or something when it comes to making the U.S. Olympic team, and yes I'm well aware Komisarek was going to the 2010 Olympics before injuring his shoulder. IIRC, that's actually how Gleason made the team.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Dan DeKeyser (less than 20 games of professional experience) and Jacob Trouba (yet to make his professional debut) got invited to the camp. They're doing everything they can to keep Gleason away from the roster :sarcasm:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
From the Olympic board:

Conference call tidbits:

@chrismpeters: Poile: Just because a player is not at this camp, doesn't mean he won't make the Olympic Team.

@chrismpeters: Johannson: The Nike Olympic jersey will be unveiled on August 27.

@chrismpeters: Poile on Dustin Byfuglien: He's a bit of a "wild card" due to lack of int'l experience. A great talent and we'll be watching him closely.

@chrismpeters: Poile on Justin Faulk: The fact that he did well in World Championships, his star is rising. Justin has "excellent chance" to be on team.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just realized Tim Thomas didn't get an invite.

Which adds another laugh in his strange and hilarious tale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad