You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Trying to remember all the Carolina Hurricanes olympic representatives

2 - 1998 - Keith Primeau, Sami Kapanen
3 - 2002 - Tom Barasso, Arturs Irbe, Sami Kapanen
3 - 2006 - Erik Cole, Martin Gerber, Frantisek Kaberle
4 - 2010 - Tim Gleason, Eric Staal, Tuomo Ruutu, Joni Pitkanen

8 - 2014 - Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, Justin Faulk, Jiri Tlusty, Alex Semin, Andrej Sekara, Tuomo Ruutu, Joni Pitkanen

Obviously 2014 is invitees only with Cam Ward on the outside looking in. Anyone else I'm missing?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I remember Staal as a reserve, though I don't know if that technically counts. Had they won, he wouldn't have been a medalist. And I totally missed Weight. The wikipedia page I was looking at still had him credited as a Blue, but he was dealt a few weeks earlier.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Didn't you know Tim Thomas is a true American patriot, up there with the likes of Paul Revere and George Washington? He deserves an invite based on that alone.

Plus, he lives in Colorado, so you know he's packing. I'd give him an invite because I'd be scared of what he'd do if I didn't :scared::eek:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Wasn't Cullen a reserve for USA in 06? I may be misremembering, but I do remember a big flag banner with his name on it hanging up at Dreamsports in Apex.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
178202283_10.jpg

:laugh:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...wkward-u-olympic-glamour-shots-190110715.html
I can't decide which is worse, the photos or the new jerseys...

Eric tearing it up Canada's camp :sarcasm: :
JnptFpCh.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I swear, Faulk doesn't have more than a dozen photos where he doesn't have a look of confusion.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I actually like the team usa logo on the new jerseys, but man what is up with the fake laces and stars on the top? That looks like it belongs on a figure skating gown. Too bad Jeff Skinner isn't American, he would feel right at home in those :sarcasm:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Holy crap, this is awful. The jerseys make them look like they work for Union Pacific, and the photos make them look like they're going to tie you to the tracks.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Although unlikely, I wouldn't count out Lindholm's chances to play for Sweden. There is a pretty big gap between the top 3 lines and the fourth line, lots of guys could contend for those three last spots + the extra forward position. The NT coach has not been afraid to select young guys in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad