News Article: NHL player poll 2024

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Interesting stuff on The Athletic, anonymous voting by the NHL players.
I'll include the winners first, then Wild players if mentioned.

Best player: Connor McDavid - 69% (Kaprizov - 1%)

Best goalie: Andrei Vasilevskiy - 44% (Fleury - 3%)

Most underrated player: Other - 22% (Eriksson Ek - 4%, Brodin - 2%, Kaprizov - 1%)

Player whose face you most want to punch: Nick Cousins - 29%
Ek isn't even mentioned, 2% don't like Fiala.

Best referee: Wes McCauley - 53%

Worst referee: Justin St Pierre - 29%

Best jersey: Chicago Blackhawks - 21% (Wild - 1%)

Best road city: Las Vegas - 25%

Worst road city: Winnipeg - 41% (St. Paul - 1%)

Good to see that the players don't dislike Eriksson Ek.
I too think Wild's home jersey sucks, road jersey is okay.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The very few people who didn't like St. Paul said that it was because they didn't like the hotel the team stayed at, rather than anything about the city. I would get that it would seem pretty small compared and de centralized compared to other places, though, unless they were open to grabbing an uber and going to MPLS.

OTT actually has a decent, historic downtown, but the arena is way out in the burbs. Sort of like Maple Grove.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The very few people who didn't like St. Paul said that it was because they didn't like the hotel the team stayed at, rather than anything about the city. I would get that it would seem pretty small compared and de centralized compared to other places, though, unless they were open to grabbing an uber and going to MPLS.

OTT actually has a decent, historic downtown, but the arena is way out in the burbs. Sort of like Maple Grove.

Don't visiting teams stay at the St Paul Hotel? It's a pretty nice place and just a quick walk across the park to the arena.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't visiting teams stay at the St Paul Hotel? It's a pretty nice place and just a quick walk across the park to the arena.
Maybe some teams stay elsewhere, maybe that one player was annoyed at the service he got...who knows. It can be pretty arbitrary stuff, when the numbers are so small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad