NHL Pants specs

rmhockey9

Mar 8, 2011
Michigan
I have noticed that most top retail pants (Bauer Total Ones, Reebok 11ks, etc) are really heavy and bulky, but NHL style pants seem to be "flat" and almost fit to the players leg. Is this because they are girdle/shell rather than actual pants, or are they just made with custom specs for pros? Also, any reccomendations for pants or how to alter pants would be appreciated.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think pants are more popular than girdles in the NHL, but a lot of NHLers do wear girdles. Bertuzzi who you have pictured above wears a girdle I believe, Gaborik wears one too, Taylor Hall definitely wears a girdle. If you see pants that look really skinny, probably a girdle, but some models of pants are just tighter fitting than others too, Bauer Vapour and Easton Stealth pants seem pretty close fitting, and I think the Rbk 8K pant is basically a shell/girdle sold together. Even my 5K pants are pretty close fitting and mobile, I like em. I'm fairly certain there are pro-stock pants too, and I'd assume equiptment managers would alter pants for players too, I don't have any tips for doing this though.

Last edited:

rmhockey9

Mar 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to check out some Bauer pants as well as girdles. I have checked ebay for prostock pants, but I havent had much luck in my size.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to check out some Bauer pants as well as girdles. I have checked ebay for prostock pants, but I havent had much luck in my size.
In terms of girdles I've heard good things about the Warrior Projekt, Tackla 4000 and Bauer X60, though I'm sure there are other good girdles out there too.

member 30781

Just bought a pair of Bauer X40 pants and I love them. I had Warrior Bonafide pants before but I hate Warrior. I had to buy the Warriors because I was eager to get started playing ice and those were the only ones that fit. But the Bauer ones provide more protection and fit a lot better.

Have yet to try the girdle/shell combo but I have always wanted to to see what the difference is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad