GDT: NHL Outdoors | Colorado Vs Vegas | 2/20/21 3ET | NBC, SN, SN1, TVAS

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
There was no way the goal was going to count. I don't have a big problem with the minor penalty, either. That was a lot more than incidental contact. The goalie being out of the crease doesn't make him fair game.

The goaltender being outside the crease doesn’t make him fair game. But the goaltender moving outside of his cease into a path the skater was already taking outside of the crease shouldn’t be interference.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
getting Bura but missing Theodore in that sequence is odd, considering Theodore got the puck carrier

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
The goaltender being outside the crease doesn’t make him fair game. But the goaltender moving outside of his cease into a path the skater was already taking outside of the crease shouldn’t be interference.
That's fair enough, but the flip side to that argument is that the goaltender should be allowed to do what he has to do to make the first play without getting run over.

It's not a black-and-white call, and I think either call (penalty or no penalty) is viable.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
its not interference unless a player intentionally hits him it was just a bad call. it should have been no goal no penalty.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Might have missed this but doesn't playing at night defeat the purpose of having a scenic outdoor game? (and yes I know why they postponed it)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
That's fair enough, but the flip side to that argument is that the goaltender should be allowed to do what he has to do to make the first play without getting run over.

It's not a black-and-white call, and I think either call (penalty or no penalty) is viable.

The goaltender has that right inside of the crease. Fleury clearly exited the crease before contact.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think you answered your own question.

Right but it's just strange they either didn't expect this, or couldn't even try in the evening when it was brighter out
Like did they think a night game would be good as well or was it the only option left?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad