Speculation: NHL Outdoor Game MTL vs. COL @ Olympic Stadium

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
What do you guys think? Could it work/happen? I think it could, Colorado could wear their vintage Nordiques Jerseys For the old battle of Quebec game. Then You got Patrick Roy winning cups with both teams and I'm sure the NHL/Media could find a million more ways to market this game. Is there a better place to play the game? What does everyone think of this idea? :badidea:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The big O is in no state to host an outdoor game from what I heard. Plus meh, I have no desire in MTL playing in an outdoor game unless it's the Winter Classic so we can watch 24/7. However, with the horrid show that is 24CH it just won't happen.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Well then surely there is a stadium in Colorado somewhere

rr11.jpg

thom

Mar 6, 2012
You can play an out door game at University of Laval with standing room you could push 22000 and you can add anther 10 000 bleachers no problem

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
take the bleachers from circuit gilles villeneuve and build a rink on ile st-helene.

Grand prix attendance can handle close to 120 000. the seating could be placed closer to the ice.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I'd say Saputo is probably the most realistic option imo.

I read somewhere that Geoff Molson said something about maybe building a temporary facility at Blue Bonnets like they did for U2

Also NBC would never let Montreal host the Winter Classic. The only way I can see the Habs in it is if they play Boston at Fenway or something., It would have to be the heritage classic vs. a canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad