NHL / NHLPA agreement - Could this have been planned? (read on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Not sure how far into a conspiracy theory this falls into but is it possible that this whole ordeal has been more or less planned out this way? The reason I bring this up is for the following reasons:

With the NFL starting as usual, many hockey fans (including myself) turned to football to appease the sports fanaticism from deep within. I'm not quite sure what effect the NHL returning would really have had on me once I had decided that there would be no hockey for a while. From that point forward, NFL really gained momentum in my mind and I can't see any reason why the NHL would even want to attempt to return to the ice knowing full well that a good portion of their fanbase wasn't quite so dedicated to coming back.

Taking that approach in consideration, is it not strange how the NHL literally waited until the NFL season was complete and that there was no football in view for a few months. Is it possible that the NHL now wants to take advantage of the loss of football on TV to make a full out launch to attract new fans when it gets back on the ice? I can just see the marketing team running the show...

"THE NHL IS BACK! Crushing hits! Unrelenting Action! Let The Quest for the Cup begin!"

Also taking in consideration that baseball is having issues with some fans being a little disgruntled with the whole drug abuse policy that has scarred the league somewhat and the whole idea behind watching 160 games per year only to really end up watching the Yankees and the Red Sox fight it out again each year...

I don't know.. maybe I'm really reaching here but I have to admit, it certainly would make a perfect reentry for hockey if they want to grab a few fans from other sports while they can.

What's your take?

X0ssbar

I don't know about conspiracy theories but this whole last leg of this negotiation is fuggin unreal. The guys are basically negotiating a billion dollar deal over the internet. Never knew bytes and bits were capable of such things ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad