NHL names Kane first star of the week (11/8/15)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Damn good week for Kaner. :handclap:

FIRST STAR – PATRICK KANE, RW, CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Kane shared first in the NHL with four goals and led the League with five assists and nine points to help the Blackhawks (8-6-1, 17 points) gain five of a possible eight standings points. He opened the week with a pair of 1-1-2 games, in a 4-2 triumph over the Los Angeles Kings Nov. 2 and in a 6-5 overtime loss to the St. Louis Blues Nov. 4. Kane scored again in a 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils Nov. 6 before capping the week with 1-3-4, including the game-winning goal, in a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers Nov. 8. In doing so, Kane equaled career highs for assists and points in one game; the only other time he recorded four points in the regular season was Oct. 23, 2007 vs. CBJ (2-2-4), his ninth appearance in the NHL. The 26-year-old Buffalo, N.Y., native shares first in the League with 10 goals and 23 points in 15 contests this season, including 7-10-17 during a 10-game point streak.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=787084

Seguin named second star, Condon named third star.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I didn't realize it had been so long since his last 4-point game. Just makes the fact that he continues putting up such high numbers more impressive imo.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
I honestly don't know how you trade him at this point. I know the off the ice stuff really bothers management, but he can't be replaced. I don't care how much you can get back for him. He can't be replaced. No charges, no trade.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Its really amazing how well he has played this season with that dark cloud hanging over his head. One of the more impressive performances I've seen in sports. Lots of other players would've (and have) wilted from stress away from the job, but Kaner actually elevated his game.

Would love to see him win the Hart this season, that would be the ultimate rags to riches story.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
If there's one thing Kane's made pretty clear, it's that his favorite thing to do when facing adversity is to kick other teams' teeth in.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
If there's one thing Kane's made pretty clear, it's that his favorite thing to do when facing adversity is to kick other teams' teeth in.

Another thing he's made clear is that its not ridiculous to suggest that he's as important to the Hawks in his own way as Toews is.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
One thing I've found Kane doing a better job at this year is taking the puck toward/facing the net. I've always been annoyed at how he would circle the perimeter, skate near the blue line, then drop some ******** drop pass that often resulted in lost possession. This year he is circling the perimeter then looking to attack the center of the ice. It makes him a much bigger offensive threat, both as a passer and a shooter.

Edmonton is an awful team, but he and the 2nd line put on a clinic. When Kane is dacing the net and looking to attack he is a very special player.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I honestly don't know how you trade him at this point. I know the off the ice stuff really bothers management, but he can't be replaced. I don't care how much you can get back for him. He can't be replaced. No charges, no trade.

Is this still a legit possibility or is it just reporters like Lazerus trying to make something out of nothing?

Trading Kane would be even more stupid than the Seguin trade, which is saying something.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Is this still a legit possibility or is it just reporters like Lazerus trying to make something out of nothing?

Trading Kane would be even more stupid than the Seguin trade, which is saying something.

I think everyone but JM would think it's a terrible idea, but JM is so obsessed with the brand he would consider it.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Kane has been one of the elite offensive producers in the entire NHL these past few years, and one of the most (maybe even most) clutch players in big games. He's incredibly important to the Hawks on and off the ice. He's had his problems, but hopefully he'll get his **** together for good now.

There isn't a chance in hell they'd consider trading him.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I don't believe theres any chance that Kane gets moved. I'm more inclined to believe that the Blackhawks management leaked that rumor to serve as a wakeup call to Kane that he better be on his best behavior. Could you imagine the fallout with the fans if the Hawks traded 88 because of that incident with no charges brought? Especially with it looking like that family is a bunch of nutcases. Hawks brass are smarter than that.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
playing with an acutal #2 Center all year and a skilled guy to work with helps. Not that he wasn't great before, but it Looks like he has more fun than ever before

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Guarantee the Hawks Brass never even thought about trading him. Rumors will be rumors...
Also, shame on anyone who wanted to trade him during the "investigation". Those people look like morons now.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
playing with an acutal #2 Center all year and a skilled guy to work with helps. Not that he wasn't great before, but it Looks like he has more fun than ever before

His job is so much easier than at any point over the last 5 years and I'm so happy for him. He was a good soldier while playing with garbage so it is great to see him rewarded with some quality linemates.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs fan coming in piece. Kane has 26 in 17. 1.52 PPG pace. On pace for 125 points. Could this be the season he scores 100 points in a season?

EddieOs HairPluggs

Nov 11, 2015
Leafs fan coming in piece. Kane has 26 in 17. 1.52 PPG pace. On pace for 125 points. Could this be the season he scores 100 points in a season?

1. Health of him and his teammates
2. Hawks Top 7 in Power Play Opportunities. While Bottom 10 in Penalty Minutes.
Get Kane on the ice with extra man. If they can keep this pace up. This is where Kane can do his most damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad