NHL named Sports League of the year

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
It's still always the same teams that go in the post season, minus the Red Sox/ Rays fight for best 2nd team.

Every team in baseball with the exception of the Mariners, Pirates, and Expos/Nats has played in at least one World Series in the last 30 years. Every team has played in at least one LCS in that time.

Baseball's supposed lack of parity is a myth. As for the "same teams making the playoffs every year" havent the Red Wings been in the playoffs like 20 straight seasons now? The Yankees and Red Sox couldnt touch that streak...

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
World Series Champions since 2000

Yankees - New York City
Diamondbacks - Phoenix
Angels - Los Angeles
Marlins - Florida
Red Sox - Boston
White Sox - Chicago
Cardinals - St Louis
Phillies - Philadelphia
Giants - Bay Area minus Oakland

9 champions in 11 seasons. STOP SAYING BASEBALL HAS NO PARITY! YOU ARE JUST WRONG!

/rant

1 OR possibly 2 teams from "small" markets ... ok, you win

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
A nice reminder that what the sports business people think and what the common fan thinks aren't even close to the same thing.

Given the sports business people have access to many times the amount of information and have several times the business education of the common fan, I wonder which has a better idea of what constitutes good management or not...

Congrats NHL, well earned.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
If those are really your standards for NHL greatness, then it's no wonder that the league gets so much unfair criticism around here.

It was a joke. Didn't think I would need a smilie, since I picked two random awards that have absolutely nothing to do with sports, let alone hockey...

But hey, since you brought it up, lets celebrate a league in which a minority of teams actually make money. A league where, quite literally, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Hiding one's head in the sand, doesn't make these problems go away...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad