NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE TWELVE! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For my comedian, I’m not into the whole comic thing, like there’s nothing wrong with it I just don’t pay a lot of attention to it. And i even already have a comic as my actress. Anyway, Parks and Rec is one of my favorite shows ever, so I’ll take Amy Poehler.

My cookie, I don’t know if this is too expansive but such great value left in Girl Scout Cookies. There is nothing not only liking and buying Girl Scout cookies but also supporting little girls having the doctrine of free enterprise (my phone autocorrected this to ‘free terrorize’) instilled in them at such a young age is just so empowering. No copping out either, you gotta buy it at the little table out front the supermarket since part of the game is making the kids freeze their asses off.

@DancingPanther

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For my comedian, I’m not into the whole comic thing, like there’s nothing wrong with it I just don’t pay a lot of attention to it. And i even already have a comic as my actress. Anyway, Parks and Rec is one of my favorite shows ever, so I’ll take Amy Poehler.

My cookie, I don’t know if this is too expansive but such great value left in Girl Scout Cookies. There is nothing not only liking and buying Girl Scout cookies but also supporting little girls having the doctrine of free enterprise (my phone autocorrected this to ‘free terrorize’) instilled in them at such a young age is just so empowering. No copping out either, you gotta buy it at the little table out front the supermarket since part of the game is making the kids freeze their asses off.

@DancingPanther
Pick a damn specific cookie. This is Doritos all over again.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

@DancingPanther
Disgusting. She is horrible

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
For NJFZ Team Superpower, we thought long and hard about what really matters most in the sport of hockey, and that's Intangibles, obviously, which goes so well with our fear of mathematics. So, our Team Superpower will be Intangibility.

HilariousLegitimateHuemul-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_m5gfoqGoHJ1qdny4ho1_500.gif

InfatuatedSlimHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Apparently this power is also called phasing, which we wouldn't know not being big comic book guys. With this power, we will be able to make ourselves and people / things we are in contact with intangible. Good luck establishing a forecheck or trying to takeaway the puck against the Flaming Zeppelins, much less stopping wraparounds. We'll literally be able to skate the puck into the net, and your players may also find themselves suddenly in the laps of rabid F'ing Zeppelin fans banging on the glass after a devastating check literally into or through the boards.

@BernieParent, we would never check you through the boards, just halfway into them with your feet sticking out humorously.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

@DancingPanther

The problem is that we already had someone pick one of the GS cookies, so you have to pick a specific one that isn't Samoas.

Reactions: Asnito and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
For NJFZ Team Superpower, we thought long and hard about what really matters most in the sport of hockey, and that's Intangibles, obviously, which goes so well with our fear of mathematics. So, our Team Superpower will be Intangibility.

HilariousLegitimateHuemul-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_m5gfoqGoHJ1qdny4ho1_500.gif

InfatuatedSlimHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Apparently this power is also called phasing, which we wouldn't know not being big comic book guys. With this power, we will be able to make ourselves and people / things we are in contact with intangible. Good luck establishing a forecheck or trying to takeaway the puck against the Flaming Zeppelins, much less stopping wraparounds. We'll literally be able to skate the puck into the net, and your players may also find themselves suddenly in the laps of rabid F'ing Zeppelin fans banging on the glass after a devastating check literally into or through the boards.

@BernieParent, we would never check you through the boards, just halfway into them with your feet sticking out humorously.

Thanks, @mja. I will try to laugh good-naturedly through the comedically delivered but still excruciating pain.

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to select as franchise comedian one of our personal favourites and, unfortunately, yet another of those whom we lost way too early: John Pinette.

"Once we are off our phones, which we are awful at working for posting links, etc, we will bless you all with samples of his brilliance."

@Young Sandwich is now summoned to the podium

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Here in Lakehurst, we are not the most mathematically-inclined.

1*FIMfV6AZE4-0VXErXacUiw.png

1*YCAER3J0vnWHbY27ijwJPQ.png

b20.gif

Screen-Shot-2017-10-10-at-2.10.39-PM.png

MIUf7c8.gif

10 year old me didn't fall in love with hockey because of statistics. In fact, 10 year old me didn't much like math at all, but I sure did enjoy Encyclopedia Brown novels, American history and the Flyers. Don't get me wrong, I respect the math, can generally follow it just fine, but fear mixing math with the finer things in life, like hockey (finer? ha!), almost as much as the authentic fans do.

That's why the NJFZ Team Phobia is Arithmophobia.

We'd like to conquer this fear to have a top notch analytics department when we depart on the [Ranch]. After all, our limited eye test seems to generally align with what the analytics say, which is probably attributable to 10 year old me's favorite players being cerebral guys like Mark Howe and Pelle Eklund (along with a complete headcase in Ron Hextall.)

@DancingPanther, what's your expected picks per 60 looking like these days?

True story: Mrs. Parent would not be Mrs. Parent were it not for math. I met her through her needing a tutor. Our children likewise owe their existence to math since we were fruitful and multiplied. #DadMathJokesareTHEWorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad