NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE TWELVE! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hut hut ... hut ... OMAHA! OMAHA! ... HIKE!

tumblr_ns82zzTNpE1rvn2ylo1_400.gifv

I think we waited long enough to hear from Asnito - hopefully he is just busy and isn't having problems or anything, but he would have said something if he was around, so he can make his picks when he is available again. Therefore, we are going to start the day with @Hollywood Couturier on the clock with a pair, then we are going to hurtle up to @Striiker on deck, @Hurricane28 on the lido deck, and MacGruber on the lido afterdeck.

WE WILL NOW COMMENCE THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES!

giphy.gif

Just kidding, I only have one grievance to air, and it has nothing to do with any of you. The sumbitch known as NBC has put ALL of the Premier League matches today on the ubersuperturboc*** drone called Peacock. My team isn't involved today, and I don't really need to watch these matches closely or anything, and I even HAVE f***ing Peacock. I'm just saying. Almost all of them today are very high-profile contests.

When the matches first started being shown here in this garbage country, they were on Fox Soccer/Sports Midwest/Various Other Names, and they were almost all on there. I know, because I watched literally ALL of them. I didn't play games while I was watching, or f*** around doing other stuff - I sat there with a notebook and took notes on every game, eight to 10 games per weekend, every weekend. There were about three channels they were shown on for simultaneous games, and excess matches would be put on later in the day or later in the week. I DVRed those bitches and watched everything.

Now these squirrelly carpetbagging dick magnets at NBC are going for a money grab that would make even Alain blush. They are not alone in whoring themselves for the trickle of streaming dollars, obviously, but this affects me and my life. For that reason, I am going to burn it to the ground. I don't know how yet, but I will figure out something.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Hut hut ... hut ... OMAHA! OMAHA! ... HIKE!

tumblr_ns82zzTNpE1rvn2ylo1_400.gifv

I think we waited long enough to hear from Asnito - hopefully he is just busy and isn't having problems or anything, but he would have said something if he was around, so he can make his picks when he is available again. Therefore, we are going to start the day with @Hollywood Couturier on the clock with a pair, then we are going to hurtle up to @Striiker on deck, @Hurricane28 on the lido deck, and MacGruber on the lido afterdeck.

WE WILL NOW COMMENCE THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES!

giphy.gif

Just kidding, I only have one grievance to air, and it has nothing to do with any of you. The sumbitch known as NBC has put ALL of the Premier League matches today on the ubersuperturboc*** drone called Peacock. My team isn't involved today, and I don't really need to watch these matches closely or anything, and I even HAVE f***ing Peacock. I'm just saying. Almost all of them today are very high-profile contests.

When the matches first started being shown here in this garbage country, they were on Fox Soccer/Sports Midwest/Various Other Names, and they were almost all on there. I know, because I watched literally ALL of them. I didn't play games while I was watching, or f*** around doing other stuff - I sat there with a notebook and took notes on every game, eight to 10 games per weekend, every weekend. There were about three channels they were shown on for simultaneous games, and excess matches would be put on later in the day or later in the week. I DVRed those bitches and watched everything.

Now these squirrelly carpetbagging dick magnets at NBC are going for a money grab that would make even Alain blush. They are not alone in whoring themselves for the trickle of streaming dollars, obviously, but this affects me and my life. For that reason, I am going to burn it to the ground. I don't know how yet, but I will figure out something.

It's a shame, too. Because the best parts of Sunday mornings are your out-of-context soccer tweets.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Right, so here is the deal. Fenway Sports Group is about to buy the f***ing Penguins. I can't be having that. So I am going to change my owners, but luckily it's not like cheating or an extra pick or anything since I already have the new owner on the books. He owns Fast Retailing, which owns Uniqlo, which is one of our things. He's pretty old, but he has two sons who are ready to take over if they haven't already.

*** NEW TEAM OWNER ALERT ***

Team Owner - Tadashi Yanai

This is not part of the pick rotation - we are still waiting for @Hollywood Couturier to go.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Right, so here is the deal. Fenway Sports Group is about to buy the f***ing Penguins. I can't be having that. So I am going to change my owners, but luckily it's not like cheating or an extra pick or anything since I already have the new owner on the books. He owns Fast Retailing, which owns Uniqlo, which is one of our things. He's pretty old, but he has two sons who are ready to take over if they haven't already.

*** NEW TEAM OWNER ALERT ***

Team Owner - Tadashi Yanai

This is not part of the pick rotation - we are still waiting for @Hollywood Couturier to go.
How much were the Lapins sold for?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We didn't even have them when I was a kid. We didn't have any big stores with just toys. We had to walk uphill in the snow both ways to the wood carver's shed and ask him what he could whittle for us.

I assume that @Beef Invictus only had leftover bones from neighbourhood animals behind his shed to play with, held together with rotted Halloween candy. He would amuse himself by thinking, "Someday, I will use this to entrap and amuse people I meet on the Internet as a distraction from awful hockey."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My apathy is slowly starting to burn off and I am starting to get pissed. Don't be surprised if you soon hear the hoofbeats that accompany a crusade.

tumblr_n1ml2hu8hG1ql56ddo1_500.gif

We start the day with Grizzly Adams on the clock, presumably with his bear Ben giving me a piggyback ride and a hug on deck. After @ajgoal and I are finished tapping into our animal instincts, @Strawberry Fields will gently drop a pick from the lido deck, and @Rebels57 will deposit something onto the lido afterdeck from the bank.

Gahhhh, f***. I'm really kind of angry this morning lol. Are you surprised? Yeah, well ... that's just YOUR opinion. Who knew side dishes could fuel such rage? Seriously, I have never been so happy to see the back of food as I am to see the empty side dish containers. It was horrible. I really have to start finding some energy to eat something that doesn't suck and leave me wheezing in my chair. I'm not going to get up from the chair and do anything, we know that, so I'll have to adjust the intake.

I feel like a f***ing steam engine right now. BURN IT ALL DOWN!

beard-duck-dynasty.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My apathy is slowly starting to burn off and I am starting to get pissed. Don't be surprised if you soon hear the hoofbeats that accompany a crusade.

tumblr_n1ml2hu8hG1ql56ddo1_500.gif

We start the day with Grizzly Adams on the clock, presumably with his bear Ben giving me a piggyback ride and a hug on deck. After @ajgoal and I are finished tapping into our animal instincts, @Strawberry Fields will gently drop a pick from the lido deck, and @Rebels57 will deposit something onto the lido afterdeck from the bank.

Gahhhh, f***. I'm really kind of angry this morning lol. Are you surprised? Yeah, well ... that's just YOUR opinion. Who knew side dishes could fuel such rage? Seriously, I have never been so happy to see the back of food as I am to see the empty side dish containers. It was horrible. I really have to start finding some energy to eat something that doesn't suck and leave me wheezing in my chair. I'm not going to get up from the chair and do anything, we know that, so I'll have to adjust the intake.

I feel like a f***ing steam engine right now. BURN IT ALL DOWN!

beard-duck-dynasty.gif
I’ll follow you into Hell, my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad