NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - LUCKY PHASE THIRTEEN! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This WAS a safe space.

aa1d82226701206ae9a330a48099918665903f32.gif

575d9de2c873296bef4965a9bc3223fe

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Honolulu Ghibli anoint as our Team Dinosaur........Barney.

barney-fabulous.gif

Toddler Magua would have lost his f***ing MIND over this pick. I have several old photos of me watching Barney and dressed in Barney clothes. I was a full fledged toddler cult member. I loved Barney, and Barney loved me. I killed for Barney, and he killed for me.

didnt-see-that-one-coming-surprise.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
As we get to our possible final band member, we look to the commissioner to see if we have one more available slot.
This pick we will be selecting out singer and head song writer. It was important that we select someone with experience both writing songs and actually playing banjos to fully utilize Mr. Martins abilities, and has a past focusing on story based songs rather than some random shit within a 3 minute time frame.
He will be our lead singer, back up banjo, head writer, play the bodhrán, acoustic guitar, and the spoons.
Welcome to our still band without a name band, Dave King.

FCA3854E-E2EE-46B2-9BA8-E90B98CBCFC4.jpeg

some salty dog is up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
These were potentially, and most likely, the first two foreign words that I ever heard, or the first ones that registered - "Borussia Monchengladbach." "Soccer Made in Germany" was on the TV right around the time I started playing the game myself, and Gladbach were always featured prominently, because this was the club's Golden Age. I couldn't understand what the f*** they were saying when they said the name, but I loved it, and they became my first favorite (real) football team. I was like five or six years old.

They also are the sister club of Liverpool. The two sides met first in the final of the UEFA Cup in 1973, which Liverpool won on aggregate over two legs, 3-2. They met again in the final of the European Cup (the precursor to the Champions League) in 1977, which Liverpool again won, 3-1, the first of their six European titles (so far). Bayern Munich also have six, [REDACTED] have seven, and [REDACTED] have 13.

The fans got along well in these match-ups, but it was later that the relationship was cemented. In a huge police f***-up, and then cover-up (proven only recently in court), 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives in a crowd crush at Hillsborough while going to watch the Reds play Sheffield Wednesday. This was an enormous turning point in football in Europe - it basically wiped out terrace standing for matches. That pales in comparison to the tragedy of the loss of human life, of course. A group of Gladbach supporters collected donations totalling 21,000 German Deutschemarks and flew to Liverpool to present them to the families of the victims. Ever since, fans of the two clubs have made yearly visits to the other's ground to watch matches, and support each other's clubs in general, especially against the evil empire in either league.

1977_European_Cup_final_logo.jpg

previews_0012_custom_1584016044.5623.jpg

2976772-61091248-2560-1440.jpg

latest

Team European Football Club - Borussia Monchengladbach

@DancingPanther

I'm putting Liverpool in Euro Football Club, and Gladbach in Non-Defunct Franchise. Anyone else who already has a football team can do the same, just let me know.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
These were potentially, and most likely, the first two foreign words that I ever heard, or the first ones that registered - "Borussia Monchengladbach." "Soccer Made in Germany" was on the TV right around the time I started playing the game myself, and Gladbach were always featured prominently, because this was the club's Golden Age. I couldn't understand what the f*** they were saying when they said the name, but I loved it, and they became my first favorite (real) football team. I was like five or six years old.

They also are the sister club of Liverpool. The two sides met first in the final of the UEFA Cup in 1973, which Liverpool won on aggregate over two legs, 3-2. They met again in the final of the European Cup (the precursor to the Champions League) in 1977, which Liverpool again won, 3-1, the first of their six European titles (so far). Bayern Munich also have six, [REDACTED] have seven, and [REDACTED] have 13.

The fans got along well in these match-ups, but it was later that the relationship was cemented. In a huge police f***-up, and then cover-up (proven only recently in court), 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives in a crowd crush at Hillsborough while going to watch the Reds play Sheffield Wednesday. This was an enormous turning point in football in Europe - it basically wiped out terrace standing for matches. That pales in comparison to the tragedy of the loss of human life, of course. A group of Gladbach supporters collected donations totalling 21,000 German Deutschemarks and flew to Liverpool to present them to the families of the victims. Ever since, fans of the two clubs have made yearly visits to the other's ground to watch matches, and support each other's clubs in general, especially against the evil empire in either league.

1977_European_Cup_final_logo.jpg

previews_0012_custom_1584016044.5623.jpg

2976772-61091248-2560-1440.jpg

latest

Team European Football Club - Borussia Monchengladbach

@DancingPanther

I'm putting Liverpool in Euro Football Club, and Gladbach in Non-Defunct Franchise. Anyone else who already has a football team can do the same, just let me know.

Ah very nice, I am glad I went with 1. FCK - because Asnito snagged Ajax right before me, and the last one I was toying with was Mönchengladbach. And now I won't get cut.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I tried but it didn't work. It just tirned it into a spoiled link. Idk

But I originally had problems posting it in the first place from tenor and that is imgur so maybe it was that. But I did try
I saw. ;)

It looks like the reason it didn't work was because the image link name didn't get past the swear filter, so it essentially broke the link.

All good now, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad