NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Day 2:

This song is called Lowrider. Written by Korn in 1996, and covered by War in 1975. Per Korn's Wikipedia page, the bagpipes tone in the song is produced by a set of bagpipes.

Will this daily song posting cease with the end of this phase, and, if so, for the love of God isn't that enough motivation for you pick laggards to get sh*t done?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Member all the praise I heaped on "EXchange 3"? Disregard it all. In the finale last night, a girl made possibly the worst decision I have ever seen in the history of dating. It made me question the reality of everything that had gone before, and this is a REALITY SHOW. F***!

RUINED!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I should get my pick in soon. By tomorrow for sure. Consider it a done deal.
Careful. If you don't get this pick in soon, you're going to develop unexplainable cravings for vinegar and nu metal. Worse yet, when you finally have a little Alice Munro running around, she's going to try to kill you repeatedly.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I should get my pick in soon. By tomorrow for sure. Consider it a done deal.

4BVnrgB.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Biff hasn’t posted a Korn video yet. A new day hasn’t begun.

Day 4:

Per Korn wiki: "This song is about a man who worked with the band on T-Shirt designs. In Brian "Head" Welch's book "Save Me From Myself," he specifically comments on Ball Tongue. He did work with the band but he was the band's main meth supply during the first CD when they all did meth behind each other's back. The reason he was called Ball Tongue because he would get so high on meth he would sit, eyes wandering aimlessly with his tongue hanging out in a ball. As is common with heavy methamphetamine users. Ball Tongue eventually turned on them, stealing electronics and other musical instruments, hence the lyrics "You were my brother, the friendship ends.""

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Day 4:

Per Korn wiki: "This song is about a man who worked with the band on T-Shirt designs. In Brian "Head" Welch's book "Save Me From Myself," he specifically comments on Ball Tongue. He did work with the band but he was the band's main meth supply during the first CD when they all did meth behind each other's back. The reason he was called Ball Tongue because he would get so high on meth he would sit, eyes wandering aimlessly with his tongue hanging out in a ball. As is common with heavy methamphetamine users. Ball Tongue eventually turned on them, stealing electronics and other musical instruments, hence the lyrics "You were my brother, the friendship ends.""

That's a truly profound backstory for a profoundly stupid noise.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Day 4:

I hit play on this one. That's on me.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It came to my attention this phase that Goodwill Ambassador was a backdoor simp category (except the Stockholm Simps chose Snuffleupagus, which opens up questions to which I don't want the answers). But I can't just select a floozy. I need goodwill simping.

The Honolulu Ghibli select as our Team Goodwill Ambassador......Madeline Kahn

db132fcc0a5f01bb4f4ae8d535c9b7a9.gif

My favorite comedic actress of all time. Her natural spark made her "insta-smile" territory in 2 seconds flat. That'll go a long way with the goodwill. Madeline Kahn died too young and didn't always get the film roles her talent deserved (theater was a different story). But she was inimitably scene stealing with her voice and expressions, which she could play for empathy as much as laughs. Do yourself a favor and watch Paper Moon to see those subtleties at work.

tumblr_omh4n9lOds1qmob6ro1_500.gif

(the 2nd clip is for @BigToe and his Sesame Street fetish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad