NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
He's an idiot, and you shouldn't refuse those dumplings, but let's face it - fried gyoza shits all over every other dumpling.

I would like you to take a moment to reflect on the life choices you made to get where you are today, i.e. in Defective City hand in hand with Sir-Mix-Up-A-Lot.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't know. We picked up some steamed pork buns from a corner shop in Osaka that were among the best things I've ever eaten. And they are just oversized dumplings.

I don't consider them the same at all - steamed pork buns are the bomb. So are soft dumplings, but fried gyoza are my jam. Of course, none of them come close to potato croquettes.

I would like you to take a moment to reflect on the life choices you made to get where you are today, i.e. in Defective City hand in hand with Sir-Mix-Up-A-Lot.

The difference between you and me is that I am not from Philadelphia, so while I have opinions about food, I am not insane about them. I like what I like and hate what I hate, but at the end of the day it's just food.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I haven't had any gyoza in six years. What a sad mongoose I am.

3Rz5Xi0.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @Young Sandwich on deck, @CanadianFlyer88 on the lido deck, and Jojo on the lido afterdeck.

Season five of "Summer Love," or "Relationship," or whatever it's called, is much better than season four. I know you have been waiting with bated (phrasing) breath to find that out, so now you know. You're welcome.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Sexpos already happen to have one of the greatest scientific minds in the entire universe on our team occupying the Cartoon Character slot. That would be none other than the infamous Rick Sanchez. He's a bit of a loose cannon to say the least, so we're going to counter that with a scientist on the other side of the spectrum. This gentleman's established rapport with our Team Detective (Olivia Dunham) will prove incredibly beneficial for us moving forward into the unknown. I could go into his long list of accolades and professional achievements, but there is really only one piece of data that actually matters here. He has an IQ of 169. NICE.

37ca6ec92586c1b6a7df75a40cb7b636_XL-5c7.jpg

Team Scientist - Dr. Walter Bishop

@CanadianFlyer88 If you're ever interested in exploratory LSD treatments for various mental ailments, I've got a guy.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Guys, I think we should all pool our money together and buy this.

• (2) Women’s Hoodies | 7th Street Surf Shop
  • Gift card to 7th Street Surf Shop
  • Bottle of Grey Goose
  • Bucket of Johnson’s Popcorn & box of Salt Water Taffey
  • Bag of Ocean City Coffee

Dan Hilferty is the most basic of bitches. My word.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Team Goodwill Ambassador: Buck O'Neil

GI4t6AZbEAAlukm

Buck O'Neil was quite a good baseball player, even at the pro level. He won championships as a Manager. He was the scout who signed Ernie Banks out of obscurity. He was an extremely close friend to Ichiro Suzuki. He was the son of a slave growing up in the South. Despite the involvement of huge names like Billy Crystal, Bob Costas, and Mickey Mantle, he was also the breakout star of Ken Burns' Baseball documentary. That was when Buck became the ambassador of the Negro Leagues and the de facto storyteller of baseball. There's no possible way I can do justice to Buck's life or the kindness and grace he relentlessly exhibited, so here's the excellent as usual SABR bio: Buck O’Neil – Society for American Baseball Research

Or you can just watch his HOF induction speech for the initial batch of 17 Negro Leaguers who had already passed away and you'll understand:

@Rebels57 If you're ever in Kansas City, the Negro League Museum is not to be missed.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Another game, another pointless win. Awesome.

f7OTYQk.gif

"We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock with two picks, @JojoTheWhale on deck, @CanadianFlyer88 on the lido deck, and Young Hoagie on the lido afterdeck."

Yosh. I'm watching this Dodgers/Padres game from South Korea. "Watching" is generous - I have it on in the background - but I noticed that Korea hasn't gotten the memo that cheerleaders have to be plain of face and form to suit the rules of society now. God bless Korea.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Only 10 more days until Easter. I hope someone gives me some of those Reeses eggs. They are f***ing amazing.

zdYfBMS.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @CanadianFlyer88 on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and my literal brother on the lido afterdeck with two cute babies and a microphone.

I finished the fifth season of "Relationship" and started watching a Korean one called "Alumni Love" last night, and it looks promising. They take former elementary school classmates who are around 26 and still single and have them live together for a week (which isn't long enough) to see if they fall in love. They haven't seen each other since their school days (just by coincidence, not because of the show), so there is a nice dynamic about the whole thing.

Know what doesn't have a nice dynamic? "For All F***ing Mankind." What a hatchet job. Like I said before, Ronald D. Moore is a f***ing hack, so this isn't a surprise, but the caricatures (they don't deserve to be called "characters") are so f***ing terrible that it became increasingly more impossible to ignore them and focus on the space adventure. It's quite a f***ing mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad