NHL in Seattle - First year will be 2021-2022; Arizona moving to Central division

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think expansion fees contribute to the cap since it isn't considered "hockey-related revenue"
The expansion fees don't but Seattle should be a successful franchise and there is secondary value that will be added from a new franchise bringing revenue in. As we saw with the bump in the cap from Vegas. Makes the pie a little bit bigger for everyone.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
So much better than Wizards. Ugh why'd they have to change it.
Apparently at the time of name change all the stiff *** groups didnt like the name and probably thought it promote gun violence or whatever, but never had a problem with the name when it first came out.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What is Edmonton midwest of? Not that Arizona is central to anything.

In 56-57, a 6 team league, the Hawks were 16-39-15. In 54-55, they were also 13-40-17. The league doubled in size one year, and had a 15-42-17 team, in an all expansion team division. In a 16 team league in 72-73, the Islanders were 12-60-6. In an 18 team league, the Caps were 8-67-5. In 92-93, what many consider as a great year for the NHL, there was one team at 10-70-4, and another at 11-71-2.

There's never been enough talent for the number of teams in the league.
I always thought of Edmonton/Alberta as being north of Montana.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Welcome future Houston Aeros

Ouch, i think Arizona fans are probably thinking thats going to happen.
Definitely sets it up when the team moves to Houston or Milwauke as Wisconsin has alot of college hockey & they could definitely support a team.
If the Panthers move they could easily relocate to Quebec. Tampa will always be thee team of Florida.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
could they just copy the whalers? Call themselves the Seattle Whalers and take a similar color scheme. the Whalers is a great hockey name and the color scheme was nice.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I would not be suprised at all if Arizona is moved to Houston before Seattle comes to the league

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would not be suprised at all if Arizona is moved to Houston before Seattle comes to the league
I don’t expect that. The end game date would be summer of 2022 as the Suns lease has an out clause in it if their arena isn’t deemed up to nba standards which it is not anymore. Suns owner wants the city to pay for a major Reno of the arena. So see if the agreement gets hammered out.

Suns owner doesn’t want to share an arena with the coyotes this would prefer a Reno over new building. It opened in 1992 so like Boston and Philly a Reno would be more than sufficient.

See how that plays out. If the suns can come to terms with the city then I really don’t see any other option for the coyotes unlesss they remain in Glendale or move to another state. I doubt that Phoenix area could have enough events to support 2 arenas if the coyotes managed to get one built of native land. Probably wouldn’t make exonomic sense to have 2 arenas within 15 minutes of each other.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The expansion fees don't but Seattle should be a successful franchise and there is secondary value that will be added from a new franchise bringing revenue in. As we saw with the bump in the cap from Vegas. Makes the pie a little bit bigger for everyone.
Yeah ok that makes sense, I misinterpreted your post
Apparently at the time of name change all the stiff *** groups didnt like the name and probably thought it promote gun violence or whatever, but never had a problem with the name when it first came out.
I mean, maybe Nashville should change their name because they're advocating for sexual predators

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
What do American hipsters think about ice hockey? I know they're quite fond of soccer. Here in Finland hipsters hate hockey because it's by far the number one spectator sport in the country. They prefer to follow soccer. That allows them to distance themselves from the stupid masses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad