NHL in Seattle - First year will be 2021-2022; Arizona moving to Central division

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
If I were the Seattle owner I would offer money to the Thunderbirds and the WHL for rights to the Thunderbirds name and logo. But maybe the Thunderbirds franchise would say no to giving up those rights.

Will the market support NHL and WHL? If NHL expansion means the demise or relocation of the Seattle Thunderbirds, this wouldn't be a bad idea. Paying tribute to local hockey history that has been running since '85 (since '77 as the Breakers).

As for the other prospective names, the ones I've seen most are Metropolitans, Kraken, Sockeyes and Totems.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I wanted Seattle salmon/sockeyes :( it sounds silly at first but it is a staple in the city and we could have had a fish logo.

Reactions: yada

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Sockeyes won the local polling. Who knows what ownership will do with that. Announcement at 9am PST, televised on TSN and presumably NHL in the US.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
The arena location is an incredible inconvenience, but I guess I get to see my Bs once a year without needing to fly somewhere or drive across the border.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
If I were the Seattle owner I would offer money to the Thunderbirds and the WHL for rights to the Thunderbirds name and logo. But maybe the Thunderbirds franchise would say no to giving up those rights.
The Thunderbirds logo and name is perfect. The colours are the Canucks colours so they would need to go a different way.

But I agree, the WHL team does not change their name.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad