NHL Hockey Central irks me..........

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
Over lunch today I tuned into the NHL network show NHL Hockey Central. Before I rant I want to state that I understand that this is a TV broadcast of a Canadian radio hockey talk show and I get that they're primarily concerned with Canadian teams.........but.........they're talking about Montreal and how great Price is and they get to speculating if any other team in the East can beat them in the playoffs. First team mentioned is Detroit and the consensus is that Detroit might have a chance if everyone is healthy. Second team mentioned is the Rangers and the consensus there is the Rangers would have an excellent chance even without Lundquist. They then move on to other topics. Not one word about the Lightning.

I'm sitting there thinking this year,
Bolts vs. Montreal 4-0
Bolts vs. Rangers 3-0
Bolts vs. Detroit 3-0
Yet we're not even a consideration in this conversation.

:shakehead

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well according to Canada news/radio, there is no hockey in Florida. It's sorta like how ESPN is with the entire NHL. They just don't pay much mind to it even if it is a big entity.

I would not get too upset about it. I've seen more pride and attention in Florida with their hockey than NYC itself, and that is all what matters.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
This is nothing new.
I was looking at a Down Goes Browns power ranking of the top 5 teams and Rangers, Blues, Canadiens, Wings and Hawks were his current picks. Could not help but chuckle as the lightning are 11-1-2 vs those teams. Remove the Blues and its 11-0-1.

I think Bishops early season road issues along with Nabbys overall issues have skewered some people perception of just how well we have played this year. And that's okay by me.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Much better to slip under the radar. It'll make their tears of agony when they lose that much more delicious.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
This is nothing new.
I was looking at a Down Goes Browns power ranking of the top 5 teams and Rangers, Blues, Canadiens, Wings and Hawks were his current picks. Could not help but chuckle as the lightning are 11-1-2 vs those teams. Remove the Blues and its 11-0-1.

I think Bishops early season road issues along with Nabbys overall issues have skewered some people perception of just how well we have played this year. And that's okay by me.

As a complete estimation, I figure we are 6-ish points better without nabby (assuming he is replaced by a semi-competent goalie).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
As with a lot of other content on NHL network it's heavily Canadian based. Not sure why they can't have an American focused station with talk about good markets, don't they have Sportsnet and TSN to talk about the garbage 6 of Canada? Love how an irrelevant team like the Leafs leads off most broadcasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad