Confirmed with Link: NHL Hawks pre season schedule 2023

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
1) If we shifted things back a month so all of the preseason and training camp activities start in August, start the season September 10th instead of October 10th, and finish the playoffs in the mid/late May instead of June...what would be wrong with that?

2) 6 Preseason games feels like a lot and the first dozen or so games of the NHL season already are sloppy with players and teams getting up to speed.

NFL starts around Sept 10.

They have to go up against the NFL half the season anyway. You don't want to add more to that.

The NHL gets less coverage during football season.

This. The NHL doesn't want to compete with the NFL more than they already have to.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
6 games in pre-season seems excessive but it will be a good chance for kids to get some NHL playing time (before going back to their respective leagues). I'm sure Luke will be giving the prospects plenty of ice time at least to begin the pre-season.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
6 games in pre-season seems excessive but it will be a good chance for kids to get some NHL playing time (before going back to their respective leagues). I'm sure Luke will be giving the prospects plenty of ice time at least to begin the pre-season.
6 games may be too much for a veteran team with only a couple of spots to fill. But I think it's great for a team like the Hawks with so many young players and for the coaches to see who works best together to build their lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad