Confirmed with Link: NHL Hawks pre season schedule 2023

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain

THURSDAY, SEPT. 28
St. Louis at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.

SATURDAY, SEPT. 30
Chicago at Minnesota, 7 p.m.

SUNDAY, OCT. 1
Chicago at Detroit, 7 p.m.

TUESDAY, OCT. 3
Detroit at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.

THURSDAY, OCT. 5
Minnesota at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.

SATURDAY, OCT. 7
Chicago at St. Louis, 8 p.m.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hope bedard learns a bit about the hatred & rivalry with STL/DET. Going to have to carry the torch

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hope bedard learns a bit about the hatred & rivalry with STL/DET. Going to have to carry the torch

I'm sure it'll be some team we're not thinking of when the Hawks are good again. Nobody had Vancouver as arguably our most hated rival in the 2010s. Sure St. Louis will always be the team (especially for us fans), but the players may hate another team more down the road.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm sure it'll be some team we're not thinking of when the Hawks are good again. Nobody had Vancouver as arguably our most hated rival in the 2010s. Sure St. Louis will always be the team (especially for us fans), but the players may hate another team more down the road.
I hope and hope it’s not vancouver for bedards sake — if I were a betting man I would say maybe Minnesota becomes a better rival for us this generation? Idk

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
when does traning camp open? can players that have not signed contracts attend (example Nazar) or players not signed playing JR's

are we playing in a prospect tournament this year? I did not see one.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Training camps usually start around mid September (not sure). All Hawks prospects can participate regardless of contract status. Don't know about prospects tournaments, have a feeling that they will not participate in those this year.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_6463.jpeg

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I wish the preseason was over already. It's way the f*** too long. Start the season now and end it in May

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I wish the preseason was over already. It's way the f*** too long. Start the season now and end it in May

Preseason is just starting, and it's like 2 weeks... Not really that long. No different than any other sport really. Probably shorter than most, for what is a more demanding sport than any of the other major sports.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Preseason is just starting, and it's like 2 weeks... Not really that long. No different than any other sport really. Probably shorter than most, for what is a more demanding sport than any of the other major sports.

Posted this in another thread…

I wonder what SCF viewership numbers would look like if the Finals didn't start in June. This was the SCF schedule last year...

Game 1: June 3
Game 2: June 5
Game 3: June 8
Game 4: June 10
Game 5: June 13
Game 6: June 16
Game 7: June 19

So a few takeaways from that, 1) There were three times in that schedule with a full 2 days in-between games. Which takes some of the wind out of the series' sails dont you think? 2) Even as a die hard hockey fan who posts on a forum every day of his life, watching playoff hockey in the summertime right as the weather is getting really nice is a rough ask. There's 100 things going on so I really have to make a concerted effort to watch as many of these games as I can. If it's difficult for me, how is it not more difficult for a more casual viewer to choose to sit down and watch these games when their kids are out of school and everyone wants to be outside?

I think they should try to reorganize the NHL schedule so maybe we're starting and ending a month earlier. The Preseason and Training Camp M.O. in the NHL needs to change, it's way way way too long and should be starting earlier.

Hockey is a fall and winter sport, people don't associate it with the month of June. Casual fans or people who don't normally watch consistently aren't in the mindset of watching hockey when it's 70+ degrees out. Huge aspect IMHO of viewership that needs to change. The NHL playoffs wouldn't be directly competing with the NBA playoffs either.
Preseason is too long and the NHL season should have zero games played in June

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Posted this in another thread…

Preseason is too long and the NHL season should have zero games played in June
Compressing the NHL schedule somehow even more than it already is, or shortening the playoffs, are both bad ideas, IMO, and those are really the only ways you're going to shorten things up. Again, this is a very demanding sport, physically, and mentally. Getting the players to agree to any of that, and/or to take shorter time off in the offseason is not gonna happen. Getting the players to agree to shorter training camp won't happen, either, and is a terrible idea, unless you want really bad hockey the first 10-20 games of the season, or you want to see more injuries.

I rarely hear of anyone complaining about the length of the NHL season, or the preseason. In like 14-15 years on here, I don't even know if I've seen it complained about by anyone really, outside of you. Most complaints are related to MLB running way too long. I think you're making something out of nothing. Just my opinion.

Lots and lots of people are happy focusing on the NHL playoffs in May and June. Baseball is pretty much garbage to watch(in cold weather climates like Chicago) until June, anyways.

I mean, I see you keep talking about the preseason being too long, and that's just nonsense. Like I said, the training camp/preseason for the NHL is basically shorter than any other major sport. NFL is around a month just for preseason games and practices, and that doesn't include camps and such. Baseball runs for like 40 days. The NBA runs for like 2 weeks, just like the NHL.

I get it. You want to watch meaningful hockey. You want to see Bedard. A two week preseason schedule isn't going to mean much of anything when you consider they play for like 7 months even without playoffs.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Compressing the NHL schedule somehow even more than it already is, or shortening the playoffs, are both bad ideas, IMO, and those are really the only ways you're going to shorten things up. Again, this is a very demanding sport, physically, and mentally. Getting the players to agree to any of that, and/or to take shorter time off in the offseason is not gonna happen. Getting the players to agree to shorter training camp won't happen, either, and is a terrible idea, unless you want really bad hockey the first 10-20 games of the season, or you want to see more injuries.

I rarely hear of anyone complaining about the length of the NHL season, or the preseason. In like 14-15 years on here, I don't even know if I've seen it complained about by anyone really, outside of you. Most complaints are related to MLB running way too long. I think you're making something out of nothing. Just my opinion.

Lots and lots of people are happy focusing on the NHL playoffs in May and June. Baseball is pretty much garbage to watch(in cold weather climates like Chicago) until June, anyways.

I mean, I see you keep talking about the preseason being too long, and that's just nonsense. Like I said, the training camp/preseason for the NHL is basically shorter than any other major sport. NFL is around a month just for preseason games and practices, and that doesn't include camps and such. Baseball runs for like 40 days. The NBA runs for like 2 weeks, just like the NHL.

I get it. You want to watch meaningful hockey. You want to see Bedard. A two week preseason schedule isn't going to mean much of anything when you consider they play for like 7 months even without playoffs.
1) If we shifted things back a month so all of the preseason and training camp activities start in August, start the season September 10th instead of October 10th, and finish the playoffs in the mid/late May instead of June...what would be wrong with that?

2) 6 Preseason games feels like a lot and the first dozen or so games of the NHL season already are sloppy with players and teams getting up to speed.

Reactions: Muffinalt

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
1) If we shifted things back a month so all of the preseason and training camp activities start in August, start the season September 10th instead of October 10th, and finish the playoffs in the mid/late May instead of June...what would be wrong with that?

2) 6 Preseason games feels like a lot and the first dozen or so games of the NHL season already are sloppy with players and teams getting up to speed.
NFL starts around Sept 10.

They have to go up against the NFL half the season anyway. You don't want to add more to that.

The NHL gets less coverage during football season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad