The Star: NHL GMs hunt for Valentine’s Day clues

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Bozak went to Denver, and spends a lot, if not all, of his offseason there. He would re-sign in a heartbeat

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Bozak + Franson + Colborne. This helps the Avs with what they need. ROR is a good player, not elite. If the Leafs consider moving Gardner (which they shouldn't ) it would have to be in a package for an elite-type player.

I think Bozak and Franson is closer. Bozak's production isn't that far off of ROR's, and he's almost the same age. Franson is proving he's more than capable and has some offensive upside. Iffy on adding Colborne to the deal....maybe a guy like D'Amigo though.

All in all though, I don't think trading for ROR in any way, makes sense for the Leafs.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Bozak went to Denver, and spends a lot, if not all, of his offseason there. He would re-sign in a heartbeat

Bozak is very pro-Denver. Almost an ideal alternate place for him to sign, and he'll probably get an offer there in the off-season if he isn't re-signed.

Colborne is also former DU.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I think Bozak and Franson is closer. Bozak's production isn't that far off of ROR's, and he's almost the same age. Franson is proving he's more than capable and has some offensive upside. Iffy on adding Colborne to the deal....maybe a guy like D'Amigo though.

All in all though, I don't think trading for ROR in any way, makes sense for the Leafs.

even though i think gardiner for ROR is fair, from a leafs pov a deal that doesn't involve phaneuf, jvr, grabo, lupul, kessel, rielly, gardiner, kadri, frattin would make sense from the leafs. all other parts are available.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IF this happens it's not a move for a #1 center IMO. It's a move to acquire a long term #2

Lupul ? Kessel,

JVR ROR Kulemin

Frattin Kadri Komarov

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I disagree. O'Reilly is relentless worker on the ice, a defensive forward with playmaking skills. Great fit with Kessel as his strengths are Kessels weaknesses.

However, if we can fill that '?' I am more than certain that we could start to contend.

Lupul-Getz-Kessel
JvR-ROR-Perry
Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Mcclement-McClaren/Brown/Orr

We don't need defense and goaltending.

:sarcasm:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What i'd actually like to see is Kulemin get moved in a package for ROR then a guy like Chris Stewart brought in.

Lupul ? Kessel,

JVR ROR Stewart

Frattin Kadri Komarov

that is a PERFECT 2nd line IMO

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What i'd actually like to see is Kulemin get moved in a package for ROR then a guy like Chris Stewart brought in.

Lupul ? Kessel,

JVR ROR Stewart

Frattin Kadri Komarov

that is a PERFECT 2nd line IMO

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I have been wondering about a thing regarding our team and it´s players origin.
A good player is a good player, simple as that. But how much pressure, if any, is there on Nonis to give the Leafs a more Canadian or even Ontarian image. It got me thinking when I watched Coach´s corner and Don went on about how there where no players from Ontario on our roster and that it was made up of American college kids. As usual Don generalize a lot but as usual he also have a good point. This team is based in the area who produces the most hockey players in the NHL but it does not reflect it´s roster. Since that show was broadcasted Kadri have become a regular, McClement, Kostka and Fraser have also been added but none of the 3 last ones is really in the long term plans.

Some posters have suggested that the owners want Nonis to draft a Ontarian/Canadian kid with star potential that they can market. Is that just made up stuff or does it hold value?

For me personally I dont really care that much. I do like a home town touch on the roster with added players from the US and Europe to give it a good mix and think there is some value in it as well. I am sure Wild signing Parise meant more to them then if he had been from New York even do he would obviously be the same player.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
A good player is a good player, simple as that. But how much pressure, if any, is there on Nonis to give the Leafs a more Canadian or even Ontarian image.

Who really knows. Should not make an ounce of difference, but we all know that real life is not that simple. Would it shock anyone that media company owners would view image as important:sarcasm: However, Nonis probably realizes (or he should) that ultimately he will be judged on his win/loss record and that means BPA in his judgement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad