GDT: NHL Global Series: Sweden 2023 | Nov 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th | Detroit, Minnesota, Ottawa, Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
lol right. Not quite there.

at what point does McDavid ask for a trade out of Edmonton though. You just know he would love to come home to Toronto and play for his City.

Jackson or not, it's coming.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
lol right. Not quite there.

at what point does McDavid ask for a trade out of Edmonton though. You just know he would love to come home to Toronto and play for his City.

Just following the Nylander hype on these boards

If only this year matters for contract negotiations, then only this year matters for trades

Nylander has nearly double the points of McDavid this year

Reactions: 34

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, but would he want to sign? Mind you, he'd be the highest paid player on their team.
Personally, I think he will re-sign with the Leafs. But, he might choose to become a Free Agents. By July 1, he will have earned that right.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
What’s up with the Leafs wearing blue helmets with their away jerseys? It looks weird.
I didn’t catch the entire diatribe, but the Announcers said it was a relaxation of an NHL rule around jersey and helmet colors- something to prevent Tampa Bay and Toronto (or other teams that share primary colors I guess) from both wearing blue buckets when they play each other. So TML got a reprieve on it for this game. Maybe perhaps so they had to bring less equipment over.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I learned Swedish faster than Charlie learned Mandarin on his smart pills.

Tangent: ever notice how many Swedish people seem to speak perfect English and often without even an accent? Is it like a second language there or something? Or maybe there's something similar between the two languages that makes it easy to learn one or the other?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Johansson's shift on the Nylander goal was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. What an embarrassing display in front of his home country.

• Haha

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Way above? Willy scored 40 goals last season as well. Elite player.

He is still young and entering his prime.
Prime is between 22-26. Numerous studies have been done on this, and none of them have concluded that a player's prime starts when he is 28 yo.

Reactions: JimmyApples

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
This is a language issue. Little known fact, there is no word for 3rd in Swedish, they call it second 2nd period.

I hope this was educational and informative.
I want this to be real, is it real?

Makes me think of the condo I lived in that didn't have a 4th floor (I think) because it's an unlucky number to the Chinese?

Then I think about that John Malkovich movie but can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad