NHL Gamecenter (out of market question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Hey guys,

I am going to be moving to Denver next month and won't be able to watch locally anymore.

Was looking at NHL Gamecenter and using it on Apple TV (gonna cancel cable)

However, just found out that not every game is shown?? Even if it's not blacked out?

I don't want to risk not watching all the games cause of this. Seems like a waste no?

What do you guys do for out of town watching?

Thanks

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I have gamecenter and can't watch any local games (nashville and Columbus for me in SE Kentucky) and also can't watch any national televised games (NBC or NHLN) so it really just depends on how many national games they have Id say in Colorado you'd only have to worry about the games when they play the Avs.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I have gamecenter and can't watch any local games (nashville and Columbus for me in SE Kentucky) and also can't watch any national televised games (NBC or NHLN) so it really just depends on how many national games they have Id say in Colorado you'd only have to worry about the games when they play the Avs.

Interesting. My dad is out of town in West VA and he went over to someone's house who has Gamecenter and the Caps game wasn't even an option to select. Like, it wasn't even listed. Why is that?

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Interesting. My dad is out of town in West VA and he went over to someone's house who has Gamecenter and the Caps game wasn't even an option to select. Like, it wasn't even listed. Why is that?

I'm assuming its because the game is being broadcasted on NHLN tonight I can select it but it takes me to a screen that says its blacked out because their are national televised options for the game. I'm not sure why it's not listed at all for him but even if it was he wouldn't be able to watch it, all NHLN and national televised games are blacked out.

One thing I like because I work 330-midnight throughout the week and can't watch most games live, is the fact that I can usually catch the full game at around 1am when they open it up to replay. (Im not 100% sure but I think the national televised games are 24hrs later)

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

I get blackouts with Columbus and Pittsburgh home games. I have directv with both ROOT and Columbus, so I don't miss any games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It's infuriating if you don't have cable. I had it when I lived in San Diego. I think the Caps averaged 15 games a year on NBCSN, NHLN, or NBC so you won't be seeing 15-20% of their games. For example, you'd be missing two out of their final three games this year. The plus side is you can watch hockey every night of the week, if you're into watching other teams.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I have gamecentre live ... I can watch every single game live or on delay

of course, i'm in Australia ... best $100 i spend each year

just sayin :)

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey guys,

I am going to be moving to Denver next month and won't be able to watch locally anymore.

Was looking at NHL Gamecenter and using it on Apple TV (gonna cancel cable)

However, just found out that not every game is shown?? Even if it's not blacked out?

I don't want to risk not watching all the games cause of this. Seems like a waste no?

What do you guys do for out of town watching?

Thanks

I live in Boulder (30 minute drive from Denver) and use GameCenter. I'm able to watch every Caps game except for those aired on NHL-Network or NBC/NBCSN, or if they're playing the Avs.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I'm a Sens fan that lives in upstate NY and I can watch any Sabres/Devils/Rangers/Islanders game I want. Does anyone know why this is? I used to think that NHL gamecenter live got rid of the in market rules, but I see plenty of fans still have problems with this.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Closing this thread after some deletions as discussion of illegal activities is forbidden here. Remember that circumvention of IP based services is illegal and therefore not permissible in "how to" discussions on HF.

Do not re-open this topic or pursue it further in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad