NHL Gamecenter in Europe on PS3

Dublinproud

Oct 6, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
Hey guys hoping someone can help me here!

So i wanted to get Gamecenter for this year but as you all know the app isn't available to PS3 European users (growing the game and all that :rolleyes:)

So i made a US PSN account and used the playmo workaround for the IP address. Downloaded the app, signed up and paid on my PC but cannot seem to link my PS3 to it.

Everytime i open the PS browser it links me back to the gamecenter website and not ps3.com/nhl.

Is it a waste of time or have some people succeeded where i have failed

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
I've been using PS3 for NHLGCL for couple of years now. So it works in Europe for sure. I don't even have anything to change my IP.
What I did, if I remember it correctly was following - created US User, downloaded and installed App on PS3. Started App, filled GCL user/pw and got some kind of PS3 code. That code you are supposed to use in your CGL account, to sort of "connect" that specific PS3 with your GCL account (that part I did on PC, I think). Thing is that max 5 devices (PS3, XBox, etc. ..) can be attached to one GCL account.
Sorry, I don't remember it exactly any more. But that worked fine. Afterwards, my GCL App just opened up, automatically connected to CGL server. And it has worked great ever since ...

Dublinproud

Oct 6, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
I've been using PS3 for NHLGCL for couple of years now. So it works in Europe for sure. I don't even have anything to change my IP.
What I did, if I remember it correctly was following - created US User, downloaded and installed App on PS3. Started App, filled GCL user/pw and got some kind of PS3 code. That code you are supposed to use in your CGL account, to sort of "connect" that specific PS3 with your GCL account (that part I did on PC, I think). Thing is that max 5 devices (PS3, XBox, etc. ..) can be attached to one GCL account.
Sorry, I don't remember it exactly any more. But that worked fine. Afterwards, my GCL App just opened up, automatically connected to CGL server. And it has worked great ever since ...

Well cheers for the help! I am very grateful. No one seems to be able to steer me in the right direction as even on my PC i am still re linked to the original Game Center page!

Think i might have to bite the bullet and contact technical support.

But thanks for taking the time and letting me know someone in Europe has the NHL PS3 app working! :)

captainpudding

Jan 25, 2013
It's not that it isn't available to European users, the PS3 Gamecenter app isn't available, period. Sony dropped the ball and didn't update their app in time and it won't be available until at least Feb 1st (which is a pretty long time considering the shortened season). All you can get right now is the 2011/2012 app which isn't capable of vewing any games from the 2013 season. Once the app is live, I think all issues with linking it to your account should go away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad