GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Group Chat Legend*

If we sign Boedker, what happens?

And penciling in a man made of glass in a top 6 role in foolish. I wouldn't mind trying him in the top 6, but ain't no way an injury prone guy on a 1 year deal for less than a mil is guaranteed a top 6 spot.

I agree then, the only way I see Bennett bottom 6 is if we buy another top 6 RW.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
What we got so far:

Hall-Henrique-BB
Camallari-Zajac-Palmieri
Boucher-Zacha-DSP
Kalinin-Fiddler-Josefson

Don't really like Beau on the top line, one of him or Cammy are gonna eventually get hurt. Push JJ or Kalinin to the 13th forward. Sign Boedker

Still looks a lot better than last year, that's for certain.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We still don't have Palmieri or Kalinin signed which worries me a little. Even with Lovejoy and Merrill signed we need defense... So again, Boedker and Demers would make this team a definite playoff contender.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Hudler is a good player ... would love to see the Devils ink him to a 1 or 2 year deal.

I'd be down, I like him as a player and could see him fitting in here.

Not sure he's what Shero would have in mind though.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Oh man I didn't realize how awful Detroit's day was. And that's just new signings.

Helm(29) for 5 [email protected]
Vanek(32) for 1 year @2.6
Nielson(32) for 6 years @5.25

On the deals:

Zetterberg(35) until 2021 @6.08
Franzen(36) until 2020 @3.9
Kronwall(35) until 2019 @4.75
Howard(32) until 2019 @5.29
Abdelkader(29) until 2023 @4.25
Ericsson(32) until [email protected]

They are really in a tough spot for the next 6 years. What is Holland doing?

I agree. Just awful. They are gonna be screeeeewwwwwed in a couple of years.

Group Chat Legend*

We still don't have Palmieri or Kalinin signed which worries me a little. Even with Lovejoy and Merrill signed we need defense... So again, Boedker and Demers would make this team a definite playoff contender.

Only if Boedker signs 4.5 or under, and only if Demers signs 5 or under.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It feels really nice and a welcomed breath of fresh air not to see Tootoo, Gio, or Rutuu resigned.

*high five*

I wouldn't be opposed to signing Farnham as an extra forward though.

Those other three guys are probably finished in the NHL, barring a signing for the AHL and an eventual call up somewhere.

I bet Gionta has had several AHL offers like Harrold and Fraser did today, but is probably holding out for a one way deal.

Tootoo almost washed out of the league two years ago, before we rescued him. Ruutu needs to retire, that much was evident last December. Maybe a Euro league team signs him.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Don't really like Beau on the top line, one of him or Cammy are gonna eventually get hurt. Push JJ or Kalinin to the 13th forward. Sign Boedker

Still looks a lot better than last year, that's for certain.

DSP can fill in for BB if he gets hurt, and we still have Blandisi and possibly Wood. If Cammy gets hurt Boucher/Blandisi moves up to his spot.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Shero pulling a Steve I., with Palimieri. I wonder what's the term difference is between the two parties?

Can't be too much of disagreement honestly. More than likely its a long term deal anyway so there is no rush to bang it out.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Boedker is probably the most overrated free agent out there. He's broke 50 twice (51, 52) and has never broke 20 goals. He's awful 5v5 and is only really good on the PP. I want him nowhere near this team.

I wonder if Shero would consider Sam Gagner. I still think he's a great 3C.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I like the idea of Hudler on a 2 year deal. Gives us a solid production guy while we let Speers, Bastian, and other prospects on the right side develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad