GDT: NHL Free Agency | Friday, July 1st, 10am MT (NHLN, TSN) | Black Friday part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How much money is Jiri Hudler expected to make? Does he want long term only? Dude played reallll well with Johnny and Monahan.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
God not doing more on July 1st hurts when I see Boedker at 4M and Matthias at 2.125M.

Could've had 2 solid additions back for ~6M and still had room for Mack and Barrie.

But instead we're stuck with a trash roster this year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Who knows...the longer it goes, the less he's likely going to get though.

We'll see whether that Jimmy Valentine rumors has any legs...he curiously said it could be done within 48 hours.

I still can't imagine anything other than 2 separate deals where the Avs deal Barrie to EDM and then send that return to WPG for Trouba.

I can't imagine Lando being involved, it's too hard to find that kind of player who's proven so much already at that age. I also don't think Duchene is involved, he's the IDEAL guy to have as our #2 C who can also play RW until Jost is ready to come in.

I'd be really surprised if a deal DID happen and we'd be shipping out either Lando or Duchene but stranger things have happened. I guess we'll see what happens, if anything by the end of the day today.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Just please god not Landeskog...he is a great captain and leader on the ice. He drives the play and has a perfect combination of skill and grit. He is a rare, unique player that I think any championship team has to have.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Being upset about Boedker is reasonable but Colborne is a better player than Matthias in my opinion, so that was an upgrade for 400k

Colborne might be better. I haven't seen him play much so I'll hold off judgement of that until I have a have to see him play.

I just love the skill, size, speed, and defensive responsibility Matthias brought to our 3rd line and to see that it only took 2.125 to bring him back really irritates me. Like wtf are Roy and Sakic doing...? Do they see our current lineup?!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Who knows...the longer it goes, the less he's likely going to get though.

We'll see whether that Jimmy Valentine rumors has any legs...he curiously said it could be done within 48 hours.

I still can't imagine anything other than 2 separate deals where the Avs deal Barrie to EDM and then send that return to WPG for Trouba.

I can't imagine Lando being involved, it's too hard to find that kind of player who's proven so much already at that age. I also don't think Duchene is involved, he's the IDEAL guy to have as our #2 C who can also play RW until Jost is ready to come in.

I'd be really surprised if a deal DID happen and we'd be shipping out either Lando or Duchene but stranger things have happened. I guess we'll see what happens, if anything by the end of the day today.
I agree with all of this. The problem for the Oilers is that both teams that are involved in their trade proposal (Avs and WPG) don't want RNH, Ebs or Nurse as the main piece.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Just please god not Landeskog...he is a great captain and leader on the ice. He drives the play and has a perfect combination of skill and grit. He is a rare, unique player that I think any championship team has to have.

Until he makes a boneheaded cheap shot attempt at a player and gets suspended when you're making a playoff push.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Colborne might be better. I haven't seen him play much so I'll hold off judgement of that until I have a have to see him play.

I just love the skill, size, speed, and defensive responsibility Matthias brought to our 3rd line and to see that it only took 2.125 to bring him back really irritates me. Like wtf are Roy and Sakic doing...? Do they see our current lineup?!

You do realize that the players have to want to sign with the Avs, right?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Colborne has played with a lack of intensity in the past. Too easy to play against. It's possible things have clicked for him and he learned to play the right way.

He has more skill than Matthias but lack of skill isn't necessarily the biggest problem for Avs. We saw in the playoffs that effort, ability to forecheck and skating ability made a big difference.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I wasn't aware of the Jimmy Valentine NFL reporter rumors, so I will share his tweets:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
God not doing more on July 1st hurts when I see Boedker at 4M and Matthias at 2.125M.

Could've had 2 solid additions back for ~6M and still had room for Mack and Barrie.

But instead we're stuck with a trash roster this year.

Well both of them are human beings who make decisions. Matthias took less to go back to Canada and Boedker took less to play for a team with a chance at a cup. So no, we couldn't have had either of those guys for those prices.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I love how Sakic said he traded Berra to the Panthers so that he can stay in the NHL, then the Panthers go and sign Reimer to that contract. How unberrable.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Oilers want Barrie I suspect it's a chicken race where both teams hold firm as arbitration nears.

I'd be a bit surprised if Chiarelli blinks until later but if they trade for him I would assume they want some time before arbitration to get a long term deal done.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I wasn't aware of the Jimmy Valentine NFL reporter rumors, so I will share his tweets:

Avs want more for third piece? That scares me because most likely the first two pieces are not what we hope for.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Avs want more for third piece? That scares me because most likely the first two pieces are not what we hope for.

Probably Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as piece #1. While I understand Draisitl is the better piece, I think RNH's best years are ahead of him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Avs wanted Yakupov, as another winger who could fit somewhere in the Top-9 (they'd likely hope he fits in the Top-6)...but again, I'm really doubting this stuff. The Avs really have the leverage on Chiraelli in this instance. They're not shopping Barrie, but they're fine to take calls on him. If Peter wants him, the Avs have a price, either meet it or don't...it's no skin off the Avs' back.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011

He does have to want to sign and most likely wanted to go back to Canada. It's not a video game you can't just give him 2.2 and he signs automatically.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Until he makes a boneheaded cheap shot attempt at a player and gets suspended when you're making a playoff push.

He's a young player and still learning.

That was a very dumb decision by him, but I still like him as a player. I love the way he plays and I think he has such a unique skill set that our team would desperately lack of we were to trade him.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Forgive me if I am skeptical of anything this guy says. His 48 hours are almost up, He better find Mr. Otterton quickly or he'll be forced to resign.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Looking at their roster, I just don't see anything. Avs will want to cut salary, or at least have it matched.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I don't believe anyone who gives a timeline. "48 hours." Ok, 48 hours...why? Either the deal is done or it's in negotiations. If it's in negotiations, it could either be completed within the next 10 minutes if a team breaks down, or it might never get done if the teams can't reach an agreement. There is no 48 hour clock ticking down on each GM where they have to get it done within that timeframe. No credible insiders has ever said "should be done within the next ____," that simply defies how any negotiations should work.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
He does have to want to sign and most likely wanted to go back to Canada. It's not a video game you can't just give him 2.2 and he signs automatically.

I understand that, and maybe we did match the offers made to Boedker and Matthias, but there's nothing to confirm that we did.

And when I hear Sakic say "we're not going to make any splashes on July 1st - we'll be looking to sign a few 1 or 2 year deals" makes it sound like we weren't even going after a top 6 winger or Matthias/Boedker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad