Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wheeler WINN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So O Reilly just crushes it and takes 26 after MANY arguing he could have gone MUCH sooner. Ive been made a big fan of his since the Blues cup run and was the biggest difference maker for the Blues against the Canucks in this PAST playoffs. Anyways 27 is NEXT, a reminder to please vote for who you think is the NEXT best forward, NOT necessarily a player on your favourite hockey team

Guidelines are to vote for who is the next best hockey player now, not two years ago or not in the future but as of right now. Obviously factor in how someone has done in the past, how they trend, age, defense ability, offense, etc.

1 Mcdavid EDM 85% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #1
2 COL Mackinnon 60% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #2
3 Draisatl EDM 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #3
4 Kucherov TB 56% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #4
5 Crosby PITTS 55% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #5
6 NYR Panarin 44% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #6
7 PITTS Malkin 26% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #7
8 Jeichel BUFF 33% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #8
9 Matthews TOR 43% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #9
10 Kane CHI 29% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #10
11 Point TB 25% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #11
12 Marchand BOS 29% NHL Forwards Rankings #12
13 Pastrnak BOS 29% NHL Forwards Rankings #13
14 Ovechkin WASH 60% 2020 NHL Forwards Rankings #14
15 Barkov FLA 27% NHL Forwards Rankings #15
16 Pettersson VAN 32% NHL Forwards Rankings #16
17 Aho CAR 27% NHL Forwards Rankings #17
18 Stone LVGK 26% NHL Forwards Rankings #18
19 Bergeron BOS 37% NHL Forwards Rankings #19
20 Couturier PHILLY 22% NHL Forwards Rankings #20
21 TIE Schiefele Rantanen 23% NHL Forwards Rankings #21
21 Schiefele WINN 62% TIE BRAKER: Forwards Rankings #21 Schiefele VS Rantanen
22 Rantanen COL 30% NHL Forwards Rankings #22
23 Marner TOR 37% NHL Forwards Rankings #23
24 Stamkos TB 39% NHL Forwards Rankings #24
25 Barzal NYI 23% NHL Forwards Rankings #25
26 O Reilly STL 34% NHL Forwards Rankings #26

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
This has to be Hall or Zibanejed. Giroux has always been underated
Yeah I think I will go with Zib here too. Johnny Hockey getting overlooked too tho he has had his struggles in the playoffs he has been a pretty consistent point producer

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Surprised Huberdeau’s not getting any love here. He’s literally had more points than Zib 8 of 9 years (2016 was hurt but was on pace to blow him out) including just 2 seasons ago when he finish with 92 points while on pace to do it again. I’m not sure one 3/4 of a year is worth putting Zib ahead of him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd narrow it down to Tavares or Giroux among these options. Edge goes to Tavares for my vote, due to position i guess. Even if Giroux can still conceivably play center, he seems to have settled in as more of a winger at this point in his career. I could also see a case for Tarasenko here.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
this is Tavares... hes proven himself more than anyone listed. Around a PPG last 3 seasons, 47G just two seasons ago.

add Forsberg

@Nosskire ot Elgaeb this is what happens when you can "change your vote". People will vote someone then change to one of the vote leaders. Thats why I personally dont put the option in my Prospect polls. Less objective when you can change.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
this is Tavares... hes proven himself more than anyone listed. Around a PPG last 3 seasons, 47G just two seasons ago.

add Forsberg

@Nosskire ot Elgaeb this is what happens when you can "change your vote". People will vote someone then change to one of the vote leaders. Thats why I personally dont put the option in my Prospect polls. Less objective when you can change.

I overall don’t hate the pick. With that being said I’m not sure how having proven himself has anything to do with how he’s playing right now. The guy carried the isles on his back for 9 years and will turn 31 this season. He starting to decline rather than get better.

Huberdeau and Zib both 3 years younger and really hitting their stride. Both have more points than Tavares over the last two years and ultimately would take either ahead of Tavares if I was a team going into next season

Reactions: Redwingsfan

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I overall don’t hate the pick. With that being said I’m not sure how having proven himself has anything to do with how he’s playing right now. The guy carried the isles on his back for 9 years and will turn 31 this season. He starting to decline rather than get better.

Huberdeau and Zib both 3 years younger and really hitting their stride. Both have more points than Tavares over the last two years and ultimately would take either ahead of Tavares if I was a team going into next season

Tavares is literally a year removed from setting a career high in goals and points...

Tavares can easily be a ppg center for the next few years at the very least.

His "down" year still had him on pace for 34 goals, 78 points.

Against CBJ he was the 2nd best player for the Leafs with only Matthews playing better.

Tavares has made a career of going ppg with middle 6 wingers while facing top QoC. Last season he played less with Marner, and an injury among other things.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Tavares is literally a year removed from setting a career high in goals and points...

Tavares can easily be a ppg center for the next few years at the very least.

His "down" year still had him on pace for 34 goals, 78 points.

Against CBJ he was the 2nd best player for the Leafs with only Matthews playing better.

Tavares has made a career of going ppg with middle 6 wingers while facing top QoC. Last season he played less with Marner, and an injury among other things.

And his “Career year” in points was worse thank Huberdeau right???? And Zibs 41 goals in 57 games / career year was much better than Tavares right??? Thought so......

Where did I say anything about a down year????? I’ll wait......

Where did I say he won’t be a PPG player??? I’ll wait......

Huberdeau - 27 years old
18/19 - 1.12 ppg
19/20 - 1.13 ppg

Zibanejad -27 years old
19/20 - 1.31 ppg

next time take a second and read what I wrote. Two guys that I compared him to are a few years younger and hitting their stride and peaking. If I needed a player on my team next year again I would take one of them over Tavares.

Tavares is in a good offensive system and is on arguably the most talented pp in the nhl. He will for sure get points.

I also said he is declining as a player. I am not sure if you ever watched him play on the isles but like I said before he carried teams and players and made everyone around him better. Heck look what he did for guys like okposso, Bailey and Matty Moulson among others. So Yes thanks that’s for telling me what I already wrote about him carrying a team going ppg for the isles.

So I am not sure if you are trolling me by disagreeing that his best years are behind him or if you are just a Toronto fan....He is not a better player than he was a few years back

so I’ll end it again to make it clear for you on my stance.

-Tavares better career right now and it’s not a question.
- Tavares will most easily have the best overall career.
- the question isn’t who has the better career it’s who’s better now. As I stated on my initial post “I didn’t hate the pick” but if I need someone on my team next year I would take two other ahead of him. If you disagree you can disagree.

Last edited:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Surprised Huberdeau’s not getting any love here. He’s literally had more points than Zib 8 of 9 years (2016 was hurt but was on pace to blow him out) including just 2 seasons ago when he finish with 92 points while on pace to do it again. I’m not sure one 3/4 of a year is worth putting Zib ahead of him.

Surprised you switched your vote from Huberdeau to Zib when you have such a good argument for Hubs being ahead of him. Any reasoning why?

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010

Surprised you switched your vote from Huberdeau to Zib when you have such a good argument for Hubs being ahead of him. Any reasoning why?
Haha busted, you might want to switch your vote back to Huberdeau

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017

Yes I did. So one of my two players I put ahead of Tavares would win. Next question please..... pretty sure I won’t get a response

Let me also guess.... your a leafs fan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
So your actual pick is losing and it upset you enough to change your vote. That's quite the lack of conviction and integrity you have there.
Not sure you should talk about conviction and integrity. You keep voting for your teams guy as opposed to following the point of these polls. What do you guys get from this, you think it will convince the rest of us? :shakehead

Reactions: Ignite111

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Not sure you should talk about conviction and integrity. You keep voting for your teams guy as opposed to following the point of these polls. What do you guys get from this, you think it will convince the rest of us? :shakehead

you think Zib and Huberdeau are my teams guys? Not even close and more than half of the Tavares votes are all Toronto fans. It’s also amazing to question voting for my teams guys when Toronto fans like you are the biggest homers by far.

And are you going to defend these other guys and say that Tavares is getting better moving forward? All you did was come after me. Would love to hear your thoughts the 3 players. I’m sure this will be a good one.....

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
And his “Career year” in points was worse thank Huberdeau right???? And Zibs 41 goals in 57 games / career year was much better than Tavares right??? Thought so......

Where did I say anything about a down year????? I’ll wait......

Where did I say he won’t be a PPG player??? I’ll wait......

Huberdeau - 27 years old
18/19 - 1.12 ppg
19/20 - 1.13 ppg

Zibanejad -27 years old
19/20 - 1.31 ppg

next time take a second and read what I wrote. Two guys that I compared him to are a few years younger and hitting their stride and peaking. If I needed a player on my team next year again I would take one of them over Tavares.

Tavares is in a good offensive system and is on arguably the most talented pp in the nhl. He will for sure get points.

I also said he is declining as a player. I am not sure if you ever watched him play on the isles but like I said before he carried teams and players and made everyone around him better. Heck look what he did for guys like okposso, Bailey and Matty Moulson among others. So Yes thanks that’s for telling me what I already wrote about him carrying a team going ppg for the isles.

So I am not sure if you are trolling me by disagreeing that his best years are behind him or if you are just a Toronto fan....He is not a better player than he was a few years back

so I’ll end it again to make it clear for you on my stance.

-Tavares better career right now and it’s not a question.
- Tavares will most easily have the best overall career.
- the question isn’t who has the better career it’s who’s better now. As I stated on my initial post “I didn’t hate the pick” but if I need someone on my team next year I would take two other ahead of him. If you disagree you can disagree.
Kid... I can tell your basic understanding of hockey with the stats you used...Go look at the ice time that Tavares received @ ES and PP and compare it to Huberdeau's ice time. Huberdeau plays on a team where he and Barkov are the only elite forwards...he's going to get more ice-time to put up numbers because his team doesn't have the offensive depth.

Context matters little guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad