NHL Forwards Rankings #25

25?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I know neither are going to be next but kind of weird that Couture is on that list over Hertl. Hertl is better than Couture.
At this point bub i just add who others suggest, Im not gonna go thru nhl.com to find anyone who might a been missed. I can add Hertl for next round but will NOT remove Couture

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
At this point bub i just add who others suggest, Im not gonna go thru nhl.com to find anyone who might a been missed. I can add Hertl for next round but will NOT remove Couture
The bub was unnecessary and it wasn’t a shot at you. It’s more a shot at whoever suggested Couture over Hertl. I don’t care what you do. It’s not like this means anything. Just shows people don’t actually watch the Sharks.

Reactions: Garthinater

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The bub was unnecessary and it wasn’t a shot at you. It’s more a shot at whoever suggested Couture over Hertl. I don’t care what you do. It’s not like this means anything. Just shows people don’t actually watch the Sharks.
Bub wasnt unfriendly, sorry if seemed that way, i say it too much i guess

Reactions: Gecklund

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Or are people just really upset that Hertl is a proven career ender :sarcasm:

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
16 of the 21 votes for Tavares are Leaf fans. Yikes, seems no one else would have him even close to 25, rightfully
I mean to be fair, over the last 2 seasons he is 22nd in points, 10th in goals, and 24th in PPG. I wouldn't be taking him yet but he is certainly in that range.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bub wasnt unfriendly, sorry if seemed that way, i say it too much i guess
Been working in the service industry too long where people like to use bub, bud, buddy, etc. as insults. Probably read too much into it. No hard feelings!
Or are people just really upset that Hertl is a proven career ender :sarcasm:
Depending which Sharks fans you ask and how pessimistic they are, you can probably get them to say he ended his own career with his knee injuries! Two for one I guess!

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
16 of the 21 votes for Tavares are Leaf fans. Yikes, seems no one else would have him even close to 25, rightfully

I didn't vote for him, but it's absolutely hilarious to see you constantly shit on our players. I voted for ROR here.

25 is fair considering his role for Toronto.

John Tavares last year was 3rd in goals, and 15th in points. Not only that since 2016 JT is 5th in goals and 13th in points. He also brings a lot defensively, and is amazing on the dot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dion TheFluff

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think Zibanejad should have a pretty strong argument after the year he just had
I can see him being one of those guys we look at at the end of next season and htink how we voted him so low

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I didn't vote for him, but it's absolutely hilarious to see you constantly shit on our players. I voted for ROR here.

25 is fair considering his role for Toronto.

John Tavares last year was 3rd in goals, and 15th in points. Not only that since 2016 JT is 5th in goals and 13th in points. He also brings a lot defensively, and is amazing on the dot.

When he's being compared to quite a few young players who weren't even in the league at that point (or just starting), I don't think it's accurate to measure Tavares' long term career production is a good one because it doesn't really paint a picture of *right now*.

For example, pretty sure Crosby's got more points over the past decade than pretty much anyone in hockey. Doesn't mean he should be ranked *right now* ahead of guys like McDavid, Mackinnon or Kucherov.

I think there's quite a few guys when you factor both current production AND age and expected improvements, who should go above Tavares at this point. So just because he's outscored them over the past few seasons doesn't really reflect where he compares *right now* to them.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
one great year shouldnt have him this high... see: Giroux, Gaudreau, amongst others.

Gaudreau has two top 10 scoring finishes and is 5th in even strength points since entering the league; only behind McDavid, Kane, Crosby, and Kucherov.

He's not a one year wonder.

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So he consistently scores up to 90 points when he's never scored 90 points? Right... :laugh:
Not sure what's so confusing? I said he consistently scores between 80 and 90 points(which is very true).

Now more factually accurate would be to say he scores between 80 and 88 points, but that's just not a common phrase of speech.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsNation75

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia