NHL Forwards Rankings #19

Who should be next

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So Stone from the Las Vegas Golden Knights takes 18th spot after continuing his impressive 200 foot game of being very good in the o zone to being one of the best in the defensive side of things. Shows no sign of slowing down either. Anyways 19 is next Couturier and Bergeron were the runners up so expect one of those guys to go now, both great players

1 Mcdavid EDM 85% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #1
2 COL Mackinnon 60% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #2
3 Draisatl EDM 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #3
4 Kucherov TB 56% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #4
5 Crosby PITTS 55% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #5
6 NYR Panarin 44% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #6
7 PITTS Malkin 26% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #7
8 Jeichel BUFF 33% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #8
9 Matthews TOR 43% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #9
10 Kane CHI 29% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #10
11 Point TB 25% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #11
12 Marchand BOS 29% NHL Forwards Rankings #12
13 Pastrnak BOS 29% NHL Forwards Rankings #13
14 Ovechkin WASH 60% 2020 NHL Forwards Rankings #14
15 Barkov FLA 27% NHL Forwards Rankings #15
16 Pettersson VAN 32% NHL Forwards Rankings #16
17 Aho CAR 27% NHL Forwards Rankings #17
18 Stone LVGK 26% NHL Forwards Rankings #18

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
My next three:
Bergeron
Couturier
O’Reilly
Then can’t decide between :
Rantanen, Barzal, Zibanejad and Schiefle

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Marner is better than everyone of those players except maybe Bergeron
Except maybe Bergeron?
I’ll have whatever you’re drinking! :laugh:

I’d have Marner after those 7 in a group with Huberdeau, Gaudreau and a couple of others guys who put up lots of points. And that’s good company to be in imo.
Hockey is about more than just points. Couturier and O’Reilly bring an elite two way Selke game, Scheifle is also solid defensively and plays physical and Barzal and Zibanejad both play the more important center position and are the top centers on their teams. I suppose you could make a case for Rantanen but that’s more personal preference.

All of the votes so far for Marner are from Leaf fans which should tell you something. He’s a great player but shouldn’t be under consideration ahead of those players imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Except maybe Bergeron?
I’ll have whatever you’re drinking! :laugh:

I’d have Marner after those 7 in a group with Huberdeau, Gaudreau and a couple of others guys who put up lots of points. And that’s good company to be in imo.
Hockey is about more than just points. Couturier and O’Reilly bring an elite two way Selke game, Scheifle is also solid defensively and plays physical and Barzal and Zibanejad both play the more important center position and are the top centers on their teams. I suppose you could make a case for Rantanen but that’s more personal preference.

All of the votes so far for Marner are from Leaf fans which should tell you something. He’s a great player but shouldn’t be under consideration ahead of those players imo.
Pretty much this. Marner is one of my fave players but hes clearly not above the listed guys here. Cant just go with fave, were trying to rank forwards OVERALL

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Voted Bergeron.

Absolutely absurd that he is behind Pettersson or Aho in my opinion.

What makes Pettersson and Aho ahead of Mark Scheifele or Sean Couturier for example? Scheifele is the better producer than both, and Couturier is significantly better defensively while only having slightly worse numbers.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Voted Bergeron.

What makes Pettersson and Aho ahead of Mark Scheifele or Sean Couturier for example? Scheifele is the better producer than both, and Couturier is significantly better defensively while only having slightly worse numbers.

Scheifele this year produced a little better but it was largely inflated with 7 empty net points. If you take that away EP produced better and Scheifele's defence ranges from mediocre to terrible. Couturier is much closer and could go either way but I take EP's ability to drive and create plays considering his defence isn't that terrible either his fairly sub par playoffs didn't really help either.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Voted Bergeron.

Ya I feel Petterson has become pretty overrated, he went too high on this list.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Bergeron or ROR. O'Reilly has been one of the most dominant playoff beasts over the past 2 postseasons. He was a terror against the Canucks and destroyed the Bruins top line 5on5.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The only people that think EP is overrated are the people that just look at his stats on hockeydb.

Important to note that he gets those points in a lot less toi/game than a lot of other stars.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad