NHL Forwards Rankings #15

Select the next best NHL Forward

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Ovechkin crushes it to take 14th spot after CONTINUSLY being the best goal scorer in the league. Some people areguing maybe shouldnt go so high as his game is not as well rounded but still elite player. Pettersson with the next most votes by a bit as well. Anyways 15 is NEXT

1 Mcdavid EDM 85% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #1
2 COL Mackinnon 60% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #2
3 Draisatl EDM 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #3
4 Kucherov TB 56% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #4
5 Crosby PITTS 55% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #5
6 NYR Panarin 44% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #6
7 PITTS Malkin 26% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #7
8 Jeichel BUFF 33% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #8
9 Matthews TOR 43% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #9
10 Kane CHI 29% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #10
11 Point TB 25% 2020 HFBoards NHL Forward Rankings #11
12 Marchand BOS 29% NHL Forwards Rankings #12
13 Pastrnak BOS 29% NHL Forwards Rankings #13
14 Ovechkin WASH 60% 2020 NHL Forwards Rankings #14

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You could really say that there are 5 or 6 guys in the mix and all will be better than Ovi next year...heck they were better than him this year.

Couturier is going to end up outside of the top 20 and next season people will go WTF...really?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Why isn’t Laine in there? I’d pick him over several on the list, particularly based on age difference and potential for this upcoming season.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pettersson CRUSHED Barkov the last couple a rounds but down to him this time

I voted Pettersson

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Went with Barkov. Stone/Bergeron are some good choices here as well.

Don't think Pettersson is there yet. He hasn't done anything to set him apart from Scheifele/Aho/Barzal crowd quite yet imo. Great player, amazing potential, I just don't think he's there yet.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Went with Barkov. Stone/Bergeron are some good choices here as well.

Don't think Pettersson is there yet. He hasn't done anything to set him apart from Scheifele/Aho/Barzal crowd quite yet imo. Great player, amazing potential, I just don't think he's there yet.
Pettersson with more points than Barkov by quite a bit at the same age. And had better PPG than Barkov last year, and then went over PPG in the playoffs. Both very good defensively too, but considering Pettersson is younger and more room to go Id give him the edge here

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You could really say that there are 5 or 6 guys in the mix and all will be better than Ovi next year...heck they were better than him this year.

Couturier is going to end up outside of the top 20 and next season people will go WTF...really?

There's incredible value in scoring 50 goals each year. Ovechkin is fine where he is - could even be argued higher.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Pettersson with more points than Barkov by quite a bit at the same age. And had better PPG than Barkov last year, and then went over PPG in the playoffs. Both very good defensively too, but considering Pettersson is younger and more room to go Id give him the edge here

But the question is who's currently the better player and not who will be better in the future. Comparing point totals at the same age is useless.

Barkov hit 96 points a year ago while being in selke contention. Pettersson hasn't even been a PPG yet, nor is he phenomenal defensively. I understand the argument for in the future but there is no way that he is the better player yet though IMO.

I don't really even see the argument for Pettersson being a clear step ahead of guys like Aho/Stone/Scheifele. Scheifele has a better ppg, and has had 4 straight seasons with a ppg or higher. Aho had a better ppg last year, and identical ppg this year with more scoring, while bringing the same value defensively. Stone brings more to the table, while scoring at a similar rate.

With all that being said, Pettersson will be a top 10 player and his potential is through the roof. But at this point and time its hard for me to choose him over proven commodities.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
But the question is who's currently the better player and not who will be better in the future. Comparing point totals at the same age is useless.

Barkov hit 96 points a year ago while being in selke contention. Pettersson hasn't even been a PPG yet, nor is he phenomenal defensively. I understand the argument for in the future but there is no way that he is the better player yet though IMO.

I don't really even see the argument for Pettersson being a clear step ahead of guys like Aho/Stone/Scheifele. Scheifele has a better ppg, and has had 4 straight seasons with a ppg or higher. Aho had a better ppg last year, and identical ppg this year with more scoring, while bringing the same value defensively. Stone brings more to the table, while scoring at a similar rate.

With all that being said, Pettersson will be a top 10 player and his potential is through the roof. But at this point and time its hard for me to choose him over proven commodities.
Barkov being selke contention last year was only because of his reputation from a few years ago. He has long since sacrificed defense for more offense. EP has put up better defensive results over the last two years

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
This is all irrelevant to the poll...

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There's incredible value in scoring 50 goals each year. Ovechkin is fine where he is - could even be argued higher.

Sure that would be fine if Ovi was even average in other areas but he isn't.

He is horrible at battling for loose pucks and his assist totals with all the PP time is more than simply bad luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00