NHL Equivlant to JR Smith Play

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Here's why I don't buy the JR messed up badly argument

What if he doesn't get the rebound? They probably lose in regulation.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
um yeah it did... LOL

He could have made a pass to a teammate for a shot or gone for a shot himself either making it or drawing a foul.

It indirectly did, but it's not like a game winning goal in OT where the team doesn't have a chance. He definitely cost them a win. I'm not debating that, I'm just saying that a lot of the examples are plays where the team lost directly as a result of the play. Unless you're saying that OT was a 100% guaranteed win for the Warriors.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
McSorley I think ranks up there. Why would he be using an illegal curve in the first place let alone failing to switch to the legal one later in the game? When you consider that he obviously received a minor, that there was only a few minutes left in the game, the Kings were up by one and about to take a 2-0 lead, and the Canadiens scored on the PP to tie and won in OT I'd say it was the worst mental mistake in NHL history. Probably worse than JR Smith even.

My Best-Carey

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Ben Bishop colliding with Hedman allowing Sharp to easily score on an empty net in game 5 of the 15 Finals. Basically ended that game even though it was the 1st period if i remember

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don’t think there has ever been another play anywhere near as stupid in any other sport.

To just not know the score, in a situation like this, is a simply inexcusable level of stupidity. In what other situation has a player done something as stupid as simply not knowing the score?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
All George Hill had to do was hit the second free throw
Everyone talks about Smith's blunder but not Hills miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stive Morgan

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I don’t think there has ever been another play anywhere near as stupid in any other sport.

To just not know the score, in a situation like this, is a simply inexcusable level of stupidity. In what other situation has a player done something as stupid as simply not knowing the score?

There have been plenty of as stupid plays in football

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It indirectly did, but it's not like a game winning goal in OT where the team doesn't have a chance. He definitely cost them a win. I'm not debating that, I'm just saying that a lot of the examples are plays where the team lost directly as a result of the play. Unless you're saying that OT was a 100% guaranteed win for the Warriors.
Even that isn't true. There isn't any one thing he could have done with the ball upon getting that rebound that would have guaranteed victory.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Even that isn't true. There isn't any one thing he could have done with the ball upon getting that rebound that would have guaranteed victory.
Nope, definitely not, nope...
6HzBloc.jpg

blueinbigd

Mar 8, 2012
Holtby's play tonight is right up there. Ahead by 2 early in the 3rd he tries a backhand pass up the middle of the ice from behind his own net. I don't ever remember seeing that

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL

Chris Weber calling a non existent time out for the fab five?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad