GDT: NHL Entry Draft: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Let’s go!!! One of my favorite times of the year!!

I expect a lot of trades tomorrow. Not necessarily with the isles but just in general.

Amen brother. I want to eat the television. I will be making a ton of popcorn.

Reactions: SI90

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Also psyched to see reports from you guys out there who really know this draft class well. I haven't been paying as much attention so love it when posters I enjoy know their stuff and are really pulling for the Isles to draft a certain guy (or trade up/down/out).

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
I want Suzuki or Harley. There’s other guys I wouldn’t mind taking like Poulin or Pelletier but my two main guys are Suzuki or Harley.

Reactions: danteipp

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
I haven't done much homework on this year's draft, but from what I've been reading on this board, I'm aligned with the Tomasino crowd. Fills a need at C and greatly improves the north-south game. However, that being said, I trust the current decision makers and won't be second guessing the pick/move. I'll let others eat crow this time around.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
draft schmaft. Seriously, after living through all these draft parties and high picks through the years I'm ready to compete for a cup. Hell, I was pond legend in Massapequa back in the 80's. Thought I could of went round 2 atleast. Anyway, trade the pick and whatever to get a guy who can bury the biscuit and keep up with #13. LGI! Watch we pick some obscure kid from Albania that has wheels and a good good hockey IQ for some reason

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I could totally see Lou dropping back 5 or 6 picks and getting an extra 2nd rounder out of the deal.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Honestly, I'd be pretty happy with anyone rated 15-40, at pick 23. I have preferences, but I won't be upset if they don't take one of them. I like pretty much anyone who's rated 15-40.

One guy I keep hearing about moving up the boards, is RW Patrick Puistola, would NOT be shocked if he winds up in the top 25. Seems to be this year's Kravstov, though I don't see him moving as far up the boards as Kravstov did (went 9th).

Reactions: SI90

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If the Isles stand pat at the #23 pick (or just move up a couple spots in a small trade), I am hoping for one of Harley, Tomasino or Suzuki.

I know Harley would be a "luxury" pick, given the depth of young defensemen already in the system, I just think he has the potential to be a very good player in a couple years and exactly what you are looking for in today's game. He can fill out his frame the next couple years and be ready when some other contracts become expensive. I would be fine with moving one of the AHL defensemen (presumably not Aho but whoever they don't value as much internally) plus their first to land Harley.

Either Tomasino or Suzuki would add depth to center, which we know they desperately need.

If the Isles move up 5-7 spots, I would be hoping for Kaliyev or Newhook.

I am never a big fan of dropping back for extra picks. Unless they can somehow trade their first and the late Calgary second rounder for say Carolina's #36 and #37, Ottawa's #32 and #44+, or some such.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Isles restock some of the missing mid-round picks by trading away a contract like Hickey, JHS and/or one of the AHL defenders they believe is a cut below the top guys.

And, of course, it will be interesting to see if Lou can trade a player like Leddy in order to land a top-6 forward.

It should be a fun and interesting night and weekend!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Gonna miss this one. Getting hitched this evening.

Last draft I missed we traded Reinhart for Barzal and Beau, so hoping for more of that magic tonight!

LGI!
Congrats Dude. Don't get caught checking your phone for the Isles pick before your first dance, etc. Its not worth it. They'll f*** it up anyway.

Reactions: Riseonfire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad