GDT: NHL Entry Draft 6/21 8:00PM, 6/22 1:00PM (NBCSN, NHL-N)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
At 7, I'd agree. At 31, itd be a steal. My worry with that report that probably isn't worth worrying about? Botts trading back from 7 or up from 31 to get him.
Well, naturally I mean #7. We have UPL, so it makes no sense to take Knight in #7.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The cap strapped team is going to take on a heavy contract? I think not. Even without marker that’s a tall order.

They’ve been linked to literally every semi-available Dman out there. They’re obviously turning over every stone but I’m guessimg the Zaitsev Marleau stuff has to be sorted out before they can do anything. After that, they’ll probably end up with Faulk or something.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
At 7, I'd agree. At 31, itd be a steal. My worry with that report that probably isn't worth worrying about? Botts trading back from 7 or up from 31 to get him.
Just the idea that with our mediocre at best prospect pool Botts would make targeting a goalie his priority when the only elite blue chip prospect we have is a goalie is stark raving mad.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think it is much more likely that Botts tries to trade up from 31 to get Knight than he takes him at 7.

But, there always seems to be a team that takes a guy they love way early every year. Maybe it's the Sabres turn to do that?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Taking Knight at 7th would be comical
Expecting Knight to be there at 31... also comical

Hopefully, Botts is trying to drive someone in the 10 range to jump ahead of us for Knight... pushing one of the centers down to us.

I have a hard time believing the guy who doesn’t know who his bad players are is smart enough to bluff someone to take a goalie in the top 6.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it pretty much common knowledge that if Carter is traded he will announce his retirement 5 minutes later?
LA fans said Carter never said that and it was fake news.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
no problem taking a goalie at 7, if he is a franchise goalie

Goalie has been the most glaring weakness the last 3 years. We need a goalie who can stop a beach ball, something we havn't had recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad