Speculation: NHL Entry Draft 2021

Who do you want to see us pick at 18th?

• Total voters

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Pronman just released his latest draft rankings on Athletic. He has his opinions, but he's usually pretty much in line with Central Scouting and has a clue sometimes on what player certain teams are targeting.

In terms of us, he has Coronato and Chibrikov both in the Top-15. Sillinger could fall to us, as could Lysell. Pronman's not very high on Svechkov, as he's just 24th.

The more I think about it, the more I like Carson Lambos. Good, steady two-way defenseman with good size. Has a mean streak, defends physically but has some offensive skill as well. Before this year, he was regarded as one of the top prospects but had a fairly weak/injury-riddled year and fell off.

I know we have a decent prospect pool defense-wise and would prefer a forward. But this organization sure knows how to develop defenseman, and if we could just somehow find that hidden talent in Lambos, we could have a real gem in our hands.

We have a decent pool of puck movers in the defensive pipleline. Harpur and Prokop are the extent of the young d-men with size and at 26, Harpur isn't exactly young any more.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pronman just released his latest draft rankings on Athletic. He has his opinions, but he's usually pretty much in line with Central Scouting and has a clue sometimes on what player certain teams are targeting.

In terms of us, he has Coronato and Chibrikov both in the Top-15. Sillinger could fall to us, as could Lysell. Pronman's not very high on Svechkov, as he's just 24th.

The more I think about it, the more I like Carson Lambos. Good, steady two-way defenseman with good size. Has a mean streak, defends physically but has some offensive skill as well. Before this year, he was regarded as one of the top prospects but had a fairly weak/injury-riddled year and fell off.

I know we have a decent prospect pool defense-wise and would prefer a forward. But this organization sure knows how to develop defenseman, and if we could just somehow find that hidden talent in Lambos, we could have a real gem in our hands.
We do pretty good in the 2nd round and beyond for dmen. Can’t say so much for forwards.
Girard, Ekholm, Josi, Weber, Klein all picked outside of the first round. I’d go for a good scoring forward prospect since we don’t do well picking those

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We do pretty good in the 2nd round and beyond for dmen. Can’t say so much for forwards.
Girard, Ekholm, Josi, Weber, Klein all picked outside of the first round. I’d go for a good scoring forward prospect since we don’t do well picking those

Hornqvist, Erat, Arvidsson, Smith all 4th round or later. Fiala, Radulov, Hartnell all consistent 20+ goal scorers taken in the 1st.

We've never drafted an Ovechkin or McDavid type scorer. We have drafted some pretty good scoring forwards ... just like Klein was never exceptional but was a solid defender.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm really hoping Afanasayev can break our 2nd round forward jinx. Honestly the last/only forward we drafted in round 2 that I can remember making the team and having even modest impact is Adam Hall.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm really hoping Afanasayev can break our 2nd round forward jinx. Honestly the last/only forward we drafted in round 2 that I can remember making the team and having even modest impact is Adam Hall.

I had to go through our draft history b/c i couldn't think of anyone off the top of my head. Noteable forwards drafted by us in the 2nd round Adam Hall, Nick Spaling, Mikka Salomaki, Colton Sissons. Yakov Trenin and Egor Afanasyev are 2nd round picks... maybe they'll pan out but that's an underwhelming group

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
It's certainly not strong. The 18th pick has not been kind to us either, with that pick we have drafted Watson, Parent and Pickard.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I had to go through our draft history b/c i couldn't think of anyone off the top of my head. Noteable forwards drafted by us in the 2nd round Adam Hall, Nick Spaling, Mikka Salomaki, Colton Sissons. Yakov Trenin and Egor Afanasyev are 2nd round picks... maybe they'll pan out but that's an underwhelming group

I forgot about Sissons. He definitely counts as a successful.2nd round pick

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I like him but also realize that he is a journey man, 4th line center who is good on face offs and penalty kills.

You are talking about a guy that will probably be close to 500 games played by the time he moves on from Nashville. I agree his upside is not the highest, but if we did that consistently on our 2nd round picks then we'd be crushing our drafts.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
You are talking about a guy that will probably be close to 500 games played by the time he moves on from Nashville. I agree his upside is not the highest, but if we did that consistently on our 2nd round picks then we'd be crushing our drafts.
Like I said, I do like Sissons and his effort. But a career high of double figure goals once with high of 30 points is not killing it. Couldn’t afford to have too many of those.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
He may be a lot of things but journeyman he isn't. He literally hasn't played an NHL game for anyone other than Nashville.
It is just my way of describing the player. Like I say, I like him and he can play here until he retires but he is what he is, that’s 4th line with ability to fill in higher for short periods, win some faceoffs, kill some penalties.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
He may be a lot of things but journeyman he isn't. He literally hasn't played an NHL game for anyone other than Nashville.

I think we had this discussion on here at one point already but evidently journeyman can both mean a guy who has played for a lot of teams or someone who is good but not great. I always used your definition but it can mean both things apparently.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think we had this discussion on here at one point already but evidently journeyman can both mean a guy who has played for a lot of teams or someone who is good but not great. I always used your definition but it can mean both things apparently.
Literally never seen it used for anything but as a guy who bounces around from team to team year after year because he's good, but not good enough to give a long term contract too.

Reactions: hockey diva

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Literally never seen it used for anything but as a guy who bounces around from team to team year after year because he's good, but not good enough to give a long term contract too.

Neither had I but the Wikipedia page and dictionary definition are how Oldfan used it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad