Nhl entry draft 2019: Swedish players

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
As always there are some players that I did expect to be picked that are left undrafted (for now at least). Lyckåsen, Costmar, M Wahlgren and Lawner did I assume to get picked before some of the Swedish players that were drafted. Who are you missing?

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
As always there are some players that I did expect to be picked that are left undrafted (for now at least). Lyckåsen, Costmar, M Wahlgren and Lawner did I assume to get picked before some of the Swedish players that were drafted. Who are you missing?

Costmar drafted in the 7th round

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Insane how Wahlgren didn't get drafted at all. Would have taken him in the fourth round or so. I was surprised to see some Swedes like Andre Lee picked over them. All of the players you mentioned probably should have been drafted, I also thought Alex Brännstam and overager Lucas Wernblom could have made it into the seventh round or so.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
More overagers (at least Swedish) than usual, right? Is this a new trend? Its good though, why not pick an 19-20 yo establised sw elite player instead of roll the dice (at least from 3rd and downwards) with a 18yo only played in the j.

Reactions: Fredrik Nordkvist

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Both Hedstrom and Alex Brännstam went undrafted last year but were invited to the U20 camp this summer. Think the later draft time may benefit both.

Any likelihood one or both are selected this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad