GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I’m thinking it’s going to be one of Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi or Hughes. I’ve only read about the prospects and watched extended highlights. Honestly, I like most of the prospects in the top 10 and I’ll have high expectation whomever we pick at #3.
It’s on TT and MB to make the right decision.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I’m thinking it’s going to be one of Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi or Hughes. I’ve only read about the prospects and watched extended highlights. Honestly, I like most of the prospects in the top 10 and I’ll have high expectation whom ever we pick at #3.
It’s on TT and MB to make the right decision.

Must be someone who represented Team Canada.

Reactions: snakeye

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
My predictions for tomorrow are that the Habs will take either Zadina or Kotkaniemi (my gut says Kotkaniemi) and either Pacioretty or ROR gets traded (not necessarily for each other).

If Pacioretty doesn't get traded tomorrow I think it will only be a matter of days, Bergevin will do it like the Subban deal, he'll talk to GMs, deny publicly that anything is going on while in actuality working behind the scenes on a deal and will then trade him. Regardless of who we draft tomorrow it makes little sense to keep Pacioretty since if we are retooling then trading him for picks/prospects is the way to go and if the Habs want to contend then our depth at wing makes it logical to trade Max for a center.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Definitely excited, its funny how that works, we deserve something to look forward to after going thru a season of hell as fans particularly

had we had a great season, tomorrow doesnt mean as much, but because we absolutely suffered thru crap all year, tomorrow means everything

We have vested interests in the draft, the trade market AND free agency

its christmas baby, lets see if we like our new toys however..

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Definitely excited, its funny how that works, we deserve something to look forward to after going thru a season of hell as fans particularly

had we had a great season, tomorrow doesnt mean as much, but because we absolutely suffered thru crap all year, tomorrow means everything

We have vested interests in the draft, the trade market AND free agency

its christmas baby, lets see if we like our new toys however..

Agreed, if only it wasnt Bergevin pulling the strings. He's the joke of the league and no one is hiding it anymore.

Reactions: Gains and Redux91

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1.for anyone predicting Hughes..Timmins already said he thinks he will struggle to defend at the NHL level. He plays like early Subban without any defensive ability and he didn't participate in the combine because he didn't want to. He will not be the pick.

2. I don't know how I feel about the rumors of us trying to get back into the first for Beaudin. He's not a must have prospect and quantity is quality in this draft. We will miss out on an extra player and probably pass on a better D prospect if we secure him.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
In the Hockey News draft preview, they looked back at the 1993 draft and did a revisionist version.

Only 3 of the top ten players went on to top careers (Pronger 2nd, Kariya 4th and Arnott 7th).

With the 21st pick, the Habs selected a Centre from Finland.

In the revised draft, he was rated as the third overall best player from that draft year.

Back to the future?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Big day today!

What I would like to see happen:

Trade a Pacioretty (+?) to the Kings for their first + one of the Kings C prospects.
Draft Zadina #3
Move up in the draft with the Kings first and a 2nd to pick Veleno (I know this won't be popular)

So within the first 15 picks we would have 2 C prospects (hopefully #1 and #2 centers) and a top winger prospect.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
In the Hockey News draft preview, they looked back at the 1993 draft and did a revisionist version.

Only 3 of the top ten players went on to top careers (Pronger 2nd, Kariya 4th and Arnott 7th).

With the 21st pick, the Habs selected a Centre from Finland.

In the revised draft, he was rated as the third overall best player from that draft year.

Back to the future?

Are you saying we should take Kotkaniemi because of Koivu?

The 1993 draft was not considered that great or deep of a draft at the time. Koivu should have gone higher, but he was small & international players were still going later rather than earlier.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I hope we take Zadina and I seriously hope Bergevin doesn't trade half or all our 2nds to get ROR or something dumb like that.
We need to USE our picks and build the farm again.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Big day today!

What I would like to see happen:

Trade a Pacioretty (+?) to the Kings for their first + one of the Kings C prospects.
Draft Zadina #3
Move up in the draft with the Kings first and a 2nd to pick Veleno (I know this won't be popular)

So within the first 15 picks we would have 2 C prospects (hopefully #1 and #2 centers) and a top winger prospect.

Yeah Veleno wouldn't be popular. My own biases aside from what I've seen. scout quotables on the Blackbook all say the same. He can't score. He may play wing. He's a 3rd line ceiling.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Someone should Photoshop Bergevins face on Kevin Costner for the scene in Draft Day when he opens the note and it says "Tkachuk no matter what"

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad