GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Thread: April 15, at 5PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I dont want anything to do with someone that has the same last name as Byron Ritchie.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Yes - there is a top 5 but Ritchie seems the next obvious choice. Canucks continue to bulk up. Ehlers reminds me of the injury prone Baertschi

remember last year when everyone thought shinkaruk wouldnt drop to the nucks. that hometown flames would take him but they took monahan?

LOLKarlsson*

AE is not going 1st overall. I highly, highly doubt Florida takes him over Bennett/Reinhart. Remember, Huberdeau is probably better suited to wing, and has played there for Florida.

Buffalo takes whichever Sam Florida doesn't take. Edmonton takes Leon. Calgary is probably picking MDC, he's a Burke guy. But they may go with Ekblad too.

If Calgary takes MDC, I don't think the Isles pick Ekblad and he drops to us. If they take Ekblad, the Isles definitely take MDC.

So really in my opinion, the only player in the top 5 who could realistically drop to us is Ekblad.

All that said, after some thought I really do not want Ehlers. Like, at all. I suspect him to fall too like Shinkaruk did.

Ventana*

AE is not going 1st overall. I highly, highly doubt Florida takes him over Bennett/Reinhart. Remember, Huberdeau is probably better suited to wing, and has played there for Florida.

Buffalo takes whichever Sam Florida doesn't take. Edmonton takes Leon. Calgary is probably picking MDC, he's a Burke guy. But they may go with Ekblad too.

If Calgary takes MDC, I don't think the Isles pick Ekblad and he drops to us. If they take Ekblad, the Isles definitely take MDC.

So really in my opinion, the only player in the top 5 who could realistically drop to us is Ekblad.

I wouldn't be complaining, haha. That kid is ready to step in next year.

ohlund2.2

Feb 22, 2004
Vancouver
i knew once they showed how many times each "seed" from 1-8 had won the lottery and the only number with 0 was 6, that there was no way the canucks would be the team to put an end to that. :D

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
remember last year when everyone thought shinkaruk wouldnt drop to the nucks. that hometown flames would take him but they took monahan?

Calgary was never taking Shin with the 6th pick, people speculated he might be taken with the 22nd pick though.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Do you guys think this is possible?

Florida takes AE. Number 1 defenseman
Buffalo takes Sam Bennett. Grittier option at center (with hodgson and grigorenko)
Edm takes Draisatl. Heard there high on him
NYI take Sam Reinhart. BPA
Calgary REACHES for Ritchie. Burke and size

Chance we could get Dal Colle? maybe? just maybe?

Strange things do happen, likes Jones dropping to 4th last year but there is almost zero chance of Reinhart falling to 5th.

My guess is that there is a 50/50 chance that AE is around at 3 for the Oilers and even if he isn't then either Reinhart or Bennett will join the Oilers IMO.

We should get a really great piece at 6th in Dal colle /Ritchie/Nylander or possibly the wildcard in Ehlers

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012

All that said, after some thought I really do not want Ehlers. Like, at all. I suspect him to fall too like Shinkaruk did.
why would the flames pick another left winger with ekblad still on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway