GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Phase 1 - June 26th - 8PM ET - NBCSN/NHLN/Sportsnet/TVAS

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Actual new content on tv?

NBCSN/Sportsnet - 8PM ET

Team odds

Since not every team played the same number of games, they have been ranked by points percentage at the time of the March NHL pause.
1. Red Wings – 18.5%
2. Senators – 13.5%
3. Senators – 11.5%*
4. Kings – 9.5%
5. Ducks – 8.5%
6. Devils – 7.5%
7. Sabres – 6.5%
==================
8. Team A – 6%
9. Team B – 5%
10. Team C – 3.5%
11. Team D – 3%
12. Team E – 2.5%
13. Team F – 2%
14. Team G – 1.5%
15. Team H – 1%

How to watch 2020 NHL Draft Lottery - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

Reactions: Fenway

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
UXber5t.png

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
A playoff team having a chance at the #1 pick. What a travesty :help:
24th placed team out of 31 teams thrown in Covid cup because of shit show NHL. Team that sucked throughout the season and was looking forward to a lottery pick only to be voided that chance and provided the "opportunity" to get crushed by Pittsburgh.....travesty indeed.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Total travesty as a Habs fan. In the rare case that team A wins and we lose to pittsburgh, we'd just do the lottery again. What a joke!

I hear you. Seems like most Habs fans would have preferred to switch spots with Buffalo and not even be part of the play in/play off. Team B or Team C or Team D, etc could also win and the Habs could still have a chance whenever they hold the phase 2 lottery to get a top 3 pick. I'm pretty sure we will never know since it probably offers the league no positive in showing the actual 8-15 team that wins.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
24th placed team out of 31 teams thrown in Covid cup because of shit show NHL. Team that sucked throughout the season and was looking forward to a lottery pick only to be voided that chance and provided the "opportunity" to get crushed by Pittsburgh.....travesty indeed.
How are they "voided" the chance to get a lottery pick.

PS: As a proud Canadiens fan, I'm sorry to see that some fans would prefer a lottery pick as opposed to playing in the "playoffs".

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
A chance at playoffs. Who cares if we even win a round..? We don’t have what it takes to win the cup so whats the point in not continuing that retool with a possible chance at a superstar instead of a 1 playoff round in a covid cup..

weve been mediocre for too long. The only 80+ points player we had in the last 20 years is kovalev!!

we need a superstar badly

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm wondering how this plays out if a team that is in a play-in series wins the lottery here...I'm cornfused how they can do this now. :dunno:

Reactions: Brown Dog

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Mckenzie says the NHL has a plan for the draft/draft lottery if the season does indeed get cancelled, but has yet to announce it to to the teams or us. Wonder why?

My gut feeling says it involves something that will piss off a bunch of gms and the NHL just doesn't want to deal with it right now since they already have a lot on their plate.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I want the 1st overall pick

But will most likey watch whoever we select get his development ruined, sadly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm wondering how this plays out if a team that is in a play-in series wins the lottery here...I'm cornfused how they can do this now. :dunno:
Ok found my answer...

The NHL Draft Lottery and Why it Matters for the Minnesota Wild
If any of the teams in the bottom seven (i.e any of the teams not involved with the play-in series/postseason) wins any of the first three lottery draws, they earn that pick in the Entry Draft. The Winner of the first draw gets the first pick, the Winner of the second draw gets the second pick, and the Winner of the third draw gets the third pick.
The other eight teams are labeled as “Qualifier Team (letter)”, meaning, if any of the “Qualifier Teams” win any of the three lottery draws, a second phase of the NHL Lottery Draft will occur between the Play-In Series and the First Official Playoff Round.
If the three lottery draws in Phase 1 are won by teams #1-7, there will not be a second phase, and the remaining teams (the other four from #1-#7 and the teams who don’t advance from teams #8-#15) are ranked in inverse points percentage for draft selection.

In the Second Phase of the Lottery Draft, all teams have the same odds for each lottery draw, even between teams who did not participate in a Play-In and those who did.

Azilis

Jan 20, 2013
Rochelle, IL
Total travesty as a Habs fan. In the rare case that team A wins and we lose to pittsburgh, we'd just do the lottery again. What a joke!
But if a team B-H wins the top spot, Montreal still has a chance, provided they lose to Pittsburgh. If any play-in placeholder wins the top pick, the lowest-ranked loser of the play-ins has around a 1 in 4 chance of getting the pick (assuming the percentages stay the same in the 2nd lottery round).

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
But if a team B-H wins the top spot, Montreal still has a chance, provided they lose to Pittsburgh. If any play-in placeholder wins the top pick, the lowest-ranked loser of the play-ins has around a 1 in 4 chance of getting the pick (assuming the percentages stay the same in the 2nd lottery round).
This is still far to improbable in sequence to be feasible. It has a 2.45% of working as compared to our standard 6% odds. (24.5% of A-H winning in lottery 1) x (25% chance of winning lottery 2) x (a generous 40% chance of beating Pittsburgh) = 2.45%. A generous 2.45% considering our chances of beating Pittsburgh are much lower than 40%

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
A chance at playoffs. Who cares if we even win a round..? We don’t have what it takes to win the cup so whats the point in not continuing that retool with a possible chance at a superstar instead of a 1 playoff round in a covid cup..

weve been mediocre for too long. The only 80+ points player we had in the last 20 years is kovalev!!

we need a superstar badly
Drouin was supposed to be that guy

Reactions: lilmaxo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad