NHL Draft Lottery 2019 -NJ 1st, NYR 2nd, CHI 3rd

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No idea why people are whining so much about the lottery. I've seen the words unfair and fixed thrown around and it makes me want to punch a baby.

What's unfair were bubble teams who try to compete but ultimately end up out of the playoffs and draft in the middle year after year.

What's unfair were teams voluntarily tanking to make sure to draft first overall.

What's fair is everyone who didn't make the playoffs have a chance at a top 3 pick.

What's fair is decreasing odds of drafting top 3 depending on your position in the standing.

Lottery is damn fine and people should stop whining because their team didn't get a piece of the candy.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
No idea why people are whining so much about the lottery. I've seen the words unfair and fixed thrown around and it makes me want to punch a baby.

What's unfair were bubble teams who try to compete but ultimately end up out of the playoffs and draft in the middle year after year.

What's unfair were teams voluntarily tanking to make sure to draft first overall.

What's fair is everyone who didn't make the playoffs have a chance at a top 3 pick.

What's fair is decreasing odds of drafting top 3 depending on your position in the standing.

Lottery is damn fine and people should stop whining because their team didn't get a piece of the candy.

This. I would like to see the nhl further flatten the curve.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Which teams are purposely tanking?

The only team i can remember recently was maybe Buffalo? But even then its not like they had good players they were gonna suck either way with or without a goalie

pomx

May 15, 2014

Can you give an example who was tanking intentionally?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

The 4 spot limit pre 2012 was a stupid rule IMO. New Jersey won the lottery in 2011 and didn't get the top pick.

The last 3 lotteries, there's been a team in the 10-15 range that moved into the top 3. It makes it more fair.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Can you give an example who was tanking intentionally?

Under the current system, no one.

Sabres from 13-15 were under the old format.

Leafs in 15-16 you could argue, but they were just bad.

Mar 6, 2012
I don't think tanking is enough of a problem to justify the current complexity of the system, but whatever.

The draft is enough of a crapshoot anyway, that it pretty much all balances out anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad