Alex Bourret
Joe Finley

2006 NHL Entry Draft (still early)
26/30
Mark Mitera
David Fischer
Dennis Persson
Leland Irving

I'm going to stop there, as the ones that are from 2007-2010 that haven't played in the NHL yet, still may have a good chance of making it.

PresidentCamacho*

One game doesn't mean anything. You need more defined parameters. Teams want production as in XX points per season and are of way more statistical importance without including a handful of career minor-leaguers.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Isnt 200 games for skaters a typical benchmark of "NHL regular" and about 100 games for a goalie? Would make your information much more telling.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Isnt 200 games for skaters a typical benchmark of "NHL regular" and about 100 games for a goalie? Would make your information much more telling.

So you expect the players from 2006 to played over 200 games? So anyone who didn't enter the leauge out of their draft year is written off??

Jeff Petry and Theo Peckham from the Oilers say hi.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
So you expect the players from 2006 to played over 200 games? So anyone who didn't enter the leauge out of their draft year is written off??

Jeff Petry and Theo Peckham from the Oilers say hi.

Is that really what you got out of my post? The 2006 draft is really too early to evaluate that way. Obviously the standard would need to be lowered for post-lockout drafts since the players have had less than six years since draft day at the most. The OP also eluded to that in his post.

The OP was talking first round drafted players, and really only the 2005 draft can be evaluated under that scale among post lockout drafts.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
To measure "success" of 1st rounders, I think you have to at least have somewhat of an NHL career, not just have a cup of coffee. It varies between drafts as some are stronger than others but I've always heard that on average, ~ 65% of 1st rounders become NHL regulars. That of course ranges from Sidney Crosby to Patrick Eaves, etc. The percentages obviously drop the farther in the draft you go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad