GDT: NHL Draft Day 2 GDT

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A bunch of insiders are saying that they expect today to be very active due to how inactive yesterday was at the draft, but we'll see. I think if we see Dubas making either a Petry/Granlund trade or a trade for a goalie, we'll see that today.

Another interesting thing to note: for Granlund to be bought out, he needs to be on waivers today. I believe the time for waivers is 2 PM ET. If he's not waived today, he will not be bought out.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
A bunch of insiders are saying that they expect today to be very active due to how inactive yesterday was at the draft, but we'll see. I think if we see Dubas making either a Petry/Granlund trade or a trade for a goalie, we'll see that today.

Another interesting thing to note: for Granlund to be bought out, he needs to be on waivers today. I believe the time for waivers is 2 PM ET. If he's not waived today, he will not be bought out.

I doubt we buy out Granlund, but if we do JMFJ vibes.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, I don’t think Dubas is gonna buy out Granlund…didn’t he like him at some point when he was in Toronto and try to trade for him? I think he still sees value there

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, I don’t think Dubas is gonna buy out Granlund…didn’t he like him at some point when he was in Toronto and try to trade for him? I think he still sees value there

Based on Dubas saying the door isn't closed on bringing Zucker back, I feel like Dubas believes the Penguins have the cap to keep Granlund if they don't bring Zucker back.

Kinda worded awkwardly, but if Dubas thinks Zucker at $5 million is still possible, I imagine he'd think that Granlund at $5 million without signing Zucker is possible.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Based on Dubas saying the door isn't closed on bringing Zucker back, I feel like Dubas believes the Penguins have the cap to keep Granlund if they don't bring Zucker back.

Kinda worded awkwardly, but if Dubas thinks Zucker at $5 million is still possible, I imagine he'd think that Granlund at $5 million without signing Zucker is possible.

They have the cap to do both and if Zucker is back likely do.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Not really expecting any big moves league wide until after FA tbh. Karlsson/Schieffle/Helle seem like deals that will be made in the middle of summer once rosters are mostly solidified

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Man how did the ownership approve that Granlund trade is head shaking. Hextall gone but his time here has implications for awhile. Dubas has to unwind this and think keeping a vastly over priced costly contract makes zero sense. Deep draft and Hextall trades a second for him.

Reactions: farscape1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad