GDT: NHL Draft Day 1 GDT

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
He has a good shot but falling in the rankings by most of the scouting sources is concerning.

I've seen him ranked much higher at many (15-25 range) so he was picked a little lower than some expected.

This is all a crapshoot anyway. I guess at least we have another prospect

Reactions: domaug

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It's gonna be fun to actually watch and follow a prospect's development for once. Somebody who isn't the "NHL size, plays the right way" safe pick and instead somebody who has the potential to be a difference maker down the road.
I kinda hope we keep him and trade any of the other prospects going forward. Need a top guy to develop and be ready for the dark days.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
You only get drafted once (usually) and ESPN decides to shit all over the kid by not only interviewing Bedard (again) while he's picked instead of giving him the same glowing high marks everybody else has gotten but then double-down by not interviewing him like they have everyone else. EAD,

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is Yager still going to be in juniors this season or is he going to uni?

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Or, you know you can just tell me if the reports were generally positive or negative.

If they got Bedard and no one else THAT would have been a great haul.
Oh I agree. But not only did they get the best center in n the draft, who is a fringe generational talent, but now they got 2 of the top 5 centers available in the draft imo.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Now I would feel more comfortable trading a 1st for Hellebuyck. 2024 1st, Pickering, Granlund and another piece for Hellebuyck

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Voted for him in the poll. I love right handed players. Never understood the modern perception that playing left handed opens your body more to the game. Mario Lemieux was a righty, enough said.

Is he the Pens best prospect now? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad