GDT: NHL Draft Day 1 GDT

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Well that really sucked that after the first 6 teams passed on Michkov, it was either gonna be Flyers or Caps that got him. Ugh.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Well that really sucked that after the first 6 teams passed on Michkov, it was either gonna be Flyers or Caps that got him. Ugh.
I found it kind of satisfying, just because there was so much fanboyism out there about “Michkov gonna go to the Caps and take the torch from Ovie”. I love that the kid was so close that Caps fans could almost taste it only to have Briere yank it away.

Re: the Flyers, I know he’s talented and highly rated for a reason, but that franchise is still a circus and I have no doubt they will find some kind of way to mess it up, somehow. They would be fools, but we’ve seen them the “tear down competitive team and retool” button or the “rebuild over, time to destroy our cap with overrated UFAs” button before. I have faith in their ability to spoil a delicate situation with an all world talent

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Re: the Flyers, I know he’s talented and highly rated for a reason, but that franchise is still a circus and I have no doubt they will find some kind of way to mess it up, somehow. They would be fools, but we’ve seen them the “tear down competitive team and retool” button or the “rebuild over, time to destroy our cap with overrated UFAs” button before. I have faith in their ability to spoil a delicate situation with an all world talent
He's not coming over for 3 years. By that time, Hartnell will be GM and Gritty will be coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad