NHL Draft behind the scenes videos

Playoff Beard

Sep 7, 2006
Any good behind the scenes videos from the past NHL drafts?
I remember NHL Network doing those NHL all-access things a few years ago. Are those available on the Internet somewhere.

Go ahead and post them in this thread.

Madic

May 21, 2008
The Leafs from last year is up on youtube. Perhaps the year before that as well, not sure.

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
great stuff- based on the full-length vid Blues were really hoping to get a chance at Voracek. Also were really high on Ian Cole pre-draft.

anymore video links like these?

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
I like how Kevin Lowe tells the owners kid not to go on facebook and announce they're drafting Taylor Hall :laugh:

Last edited:

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Sort of behind-the-scenes video; Cam Fowler waiting to be drafted:

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
2005 NHL Entry Draft All Access Pt 1 Sidney Crosby- One of the best behind the scenes videos of a player that I have ever seen!!

Last edited:

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Here is a Blues 5 min vid of some stuff behind the scenes the 08 draft. There is a whole hour (or half hour) special on NHL network sometimes (even tho they don't play it much)

But this is just a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERjNy8iJwE

Ok, so I found the Blues all access draft special here

http://video.blues.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=4611

That was really cool, never seen anything in so much detail before, will Cole make the team next year?

And its crazy how high they were with Eller and having him traded for Halak.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
2005 NHL Entry Draft All Access Pt 1 Sidney Crosby- One of the best behind the scenes videos of a player that I have ever seen!!

Thanks for the video. I've watched all the parts on youtube, it's really nice. Especially funny when Keven Lowe stopped a little kid with a Leafs jersey at the draft and asked him if he knew when was the last time the Leafs won the cup. :sarcasm:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
That was really cool, never seen anything in so much detail before, will Cole make the team next year?

And its crazy how high they were with Eller and having him traded for Halak.

Yeah, I was VERY impressed with draft special the Blues did for the 2007 draft. It was especially interesting given that they had 3 1st rd picks that year.

I think Cole will either make the Blues out of camp or if he doesn't (the Blues should have have 8+ NHL caliber d-men by training camp) then he'll likely be the first injury call-up.

Yeah, they were really high on Eller and I still think Eller's going to be a very good two-way top 6 center in the NHL in a few years.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Here is a Blues 5 min vid of some stuff behind the scenes the 08 draft. There is a whole hour (or half hour) special on NHL network sometimes (even tho they don't play it much)

But this is just a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERjNy8iJwE

Ok, so I found the Blues all access draft special here

http://video.blues.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=4611

Ughh.. the most disheartening part of that video is the part where Vancouver picks White/passes on Perron. It was such a no-brainer as Jarmo said. Nice to see one of the scouts (Bill) fight for him at your round table.

The Leafs one were also pretty interesting. You'll never find one by the Canucks - don't really have a prominent video crew like other teams.

I also liked this one for Myers.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Wow, real classy move by Craig Button to go see him.

Yeah, that was a classy move...but couldn't he have made his point with ANY OTHER draft than using the 2003 draft as his example? His quote was, "Remember who went 3, 4, 5, 6 after Fleury and Eric Staal? You won't." Those picks became Horton, Zherdev, Vanek, and Michalek. All quality NHLers. Nice move to try to lift Fowler's spirits in the moment but still another Button moment where he talks out of his butt.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I don't know where to find it but theres a video of the Bruins and Caps talking about a trade for the 2006 draft where the Bruins would have traded their pick and their 2nd round pick to the Caps for their pick because the Bruins wanted Backstrom and the Caps GM and some other guy have a fake conversation where they pretend like their actually discussing the trade.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
I don't know where to find it but theres a video of the Bruins and Caps talking about a trade for the 2006 draft where the Bruins would have traded their pick and their 2nd round pick to the Caps for their pick because the Bruins wanted Backstrom and the Caps GM and some other guy have a fake conversation where they pretend like their actually discussing the trade.

I believe your talking about this one:-

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah, that was a classy move...but couldn't he have made his point with ANY OTHER draft than using the 2003 draft as his example? His quote was, "Remember who went 3, 4, 5, 6 after Fleury and Eric Staal? You won't." Those picks became Horton, Zherdev, Vanek, and Michalek. All quality NHLers. Nice move to try to lift Fowler's spirits in the moment but still another Button moment where he talks out of his butt.

I could be wrong but the way it sounded to me like Button wasn't saying the players drafted 3, 4, 5 and 6 in '03 were busts, he was just trying to point out that outside of the first couple picks people tend to forget who was drafted where.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad