NHL Dmen Rankings #14

14?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Chabot becomes the FIRST dman from the deep 2015 draft to go in our first annual dmen rankings. Great young dman, with a better team in Ottawa this next year he may stand out EVEN more. Anyways lots a great guys still to go

1 TB Hedman 82% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #1
2 NASH Josi 76% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen #2
3 COLU Jones 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #3
4 Pieterangelo LVGK 59% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #4
5 DALL Heiskanen 39% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #5
6 WASH Carlson 26% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #6
7 CAR Slavin 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #7
8 COL Makar 33% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #8
9 CAR Hamilton 23% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #9
10 VAN Hughes 19% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #10
11 BOS Macavoy 26% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #11
12 SJ Karlsson 19% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #12
13 OTT Chabot 14% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #13

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Went with Ekblad (he had a really good season but his team sucked) but he will never be a go to PP guy so he will have an under appreciated Ryan Suter type of career.

Given the love of scoring in these polls I doubt he even makes the top 20.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How did Chabot go 13? He’s good but not that good. Certainly not better than Werenski, Rielly or Weber to make a few.

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Voted Weber.

Suter/Weber/Rielly/Werenski/Doughty should be the next 5 in any order.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hamilton has one good year after being in the middle his entire career bow he's ranked 8th. You guys are funny

It's true, one good year, but he was clearly one of the best few D on the planet for a period of several months. He was responsible for so much of Carolina's attack and better defensively than he had been before. I suppose it's legit if you want to put him lower if you insist on a longer track record, but you would be putting him below a lot of D that weren't nearly as good as him last year (Rielly, Letang, Karlsson, etc...). And a lot of the D that people want to put above him were straight up bad last year. Burns, Doughty, etc.. Track record doesn't mean a whole lot if you haven't been a good player in 1-2 years.

Went with Ekblad (he had a really good season but his team sucked) but he will never be a go to PP guy so he will have an under appreciated Ryan Suter type of career.

Given the love of scoring in these polls I doubt he even makes the top 20.

I have no problem putting a D-man high even if he isn't a PP stud (see Slavin's ranking). Ekblad just isn't that great defensively yet. I'm excited to see what Ekblad can do if the Panthers D-core plays with more structure. I'd have him somewhere 16-20.

How did Chabot go 13? He’s good but not that good. Certainly not better than Werenski, Rielly or Weber to make a few.

I'd say he's much much better than Rielly was last year. It is hard to tell because both were in tire-fire situations, but I saw Chabot putting out the fire more often than creating it, not something I'd say about Rielly. I'd say Werenski was better than both and Weber was too when he was in the lineup.

good dmen under 23 are heavily overrated. Makar is a rookie, no way he deserves top 10.

He's one of the most impactful players in the league, and led all D in scoring rate. If you have a hard and fast rule (no rookies!) then sure, but if you really want to know who the best D are, Makar is way up there.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Doughty. Him being lazy when the team is bad is questionable...but I mean he has multiple rings. As the kids in LA get good we will see DD in the Norris conversation again.

I mean if Karlsson gets the benefit of the doubt here...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Weber upsetting Werenski, Doughty, Provorov and others here

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It's true, one good year, but he was clearly one of the best few D on the planet for a period of several months. He was responsible for so much of Carolina's attack and better defensively than he had been before. I suppose it's legit if you want to put him lower if you insist on a longer track record, but you would be putting him below a lot of D that weren't nearly as good as him last year (Rielly, Letang, Karlsson, etc...). And a lot of the D that people want to put above him were straight up bad last year. Burns, Doughty, etc.. Track record doesn't mean a whole lot if you haven't been a good player in 1-2 years.

I have no problem putting a D-man high even if he isn't a PP stud (see Slavin's ranking). Ekblad just isn't that great defensively yet. I'm excited to see what Ekblad can do if the Panthers D-core plays with more structure. I'd have him somewhere 16-20.

I'd say he's much much better than Rielly was last year. It is hard to tell because both were in tire-fire situations, but I saw Chabot putting out the fire more often than creating it, not something I'd say about Rielly. I'd say Werenski was better than both and Weber was too when he was in the lineup.

He's one of the most impactful players in the league, and led all D in scoring rate. If you have a hard and fast rule (no rookies!) then sure, but if you really want to know who the best D are, Makar is way up there.

Do it again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad