GDT: NHL Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Philly's return for their D this year : :amazed:

Philly's D next year: :amazed:

Though they do have some young guys coming up I hear.

Michael8771*

Will the Pens make a deal today? I say 60% chance they don't.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Caps, Rags, Flyers have all made significant improvements to their roster (present/future) this deadline. I don't like that one bit.

I don't want the Pens to be buyers with this kind of prices, so while it's not exciting, no deals are better I guess.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Yeah I really don't think we do anything today. I think they feel that Winnik, a forward with size and grit, addresses their biggest issue. I'd love to be wrong and see us make a play for a 3C or a winger upgrade for Geno but I doubt it. At this point I'm just hoping some of our potential playoff opponents panic and make some last minute bad deals.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
No cap space and few picks won't help the case for the Pens. On the flip side, hockey trades do happen. I could understand why GMJR recently said that the price to acquire a D is too steep this year & not worth it given our depth in WBS.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
RE-place Sut-ter

<clap clap clapclapclap>

RE-place Sut-ter

<clap clap clapclapclap>

RE-place Sut-ter

<clap clap clapclapclap>

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
I got a feeling that GMJR will not do much. I'm not far off going to bed and I so want to wake up to a nice surprise or a few but doubt it.

I also have a funny feeling that Sid and the boys are not going to get far into the Playoffs the way that the Rags and Flyers have done but I hope I am wrong

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah I really don't think we do anything today. I think they feel that Winnik, a forward with size and grit, addresses their biggest issue. I'd love to be wrong and see us make a play for a 3C or a winger upgrade for Geno but I doubt it. At this point I'm just hoping some of our potential playoff opponents panic and make some last minute bad deals.

I think we're getting a vet defenseman. I don't want one, but I think we're getting one.

I just want to keep our good young assets rather than spend them on mediocre returns.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
I'd ereally love to see Torrey Mitchell come to Pittsburgh. Guy is heart and soul and brings size and physicality to our bottom 6. If our 4th line consists of beau Bennett lapiere and Adams we are in real trouble

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
guys... come on. Remember The Secret™?

If you want something bad enough, if you think about it hard enough, it'll come to you.

THIRD LINE CENTER...

i believe...

THIRD LINE CENTER...

we believe...

THIRD LINE CENTER...

ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
RE-place Sut-ter

<clap clap clapclapclap>

RE-place Sut-ter

<clap clap clapclapclap>

RE-place Sut-ter

<clap clap clapclapclap>

guys... come on. Remember The Secretâ„¢?

If you want something bad enough, if you think about it hard enough, it'll come to you.

THIRD LINE CENTER...

i believe...

THIRD LINE CENTER...

we believe...

THIRD LINE CENTER...

ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Somehow, I'm imagining Gandalf as a cheerleader today.

Michael8771*

At this point who's in the market for a defensemen? Maybe the Wings and Us, most other key contenders already got their guys. Chicago, NYR, Tampa, LA, WAS etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad