News Article: NHL.com's Flames prospect ranking

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think Gillies is way too low. So is Jankowski, i'd have Jankowski over Reinhart on that list.

I think I would as well. Its pretty subjective though, especially if you account for how much they weigh potential/readiness. I think they may have been leaning towards readiness in this list, and there is nothing wrong with that, just a different way of measuring it.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I think I would as well. Its pretty subjective though, especially if you account for how much they weigh potential/readiness. I think they may have been leaning towards readiness in this list, and there is nothing wrong with that, just a different way of measuring it.
Yeah, I personally think they took the wrong approach with it, but that's my opinion.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Calgary's prospects are really hard to rank against each other. It's always gonna be a very subjective list.

I think this is fair. There are a lot of different "types" of players in the pool which makes it hard to compare.

For example, Max Reinhart is born to play a third line role. His defensive IQ is through the roof and he is so strong along the boards. He has some skill and vision as well, but probably not enough to play in the top-6. How does that compare to Morgan Klimchuk? His speed is awesome and his shot is lethal, but what if his offensive game doesn't pan? Would he have the size/defense/shot blocking to be a third line player? Does that make him more or less valuable than Reinhart?

So one player tailor-made for the third line, versus a potential second liner who wouldn't be as valuable as a third liner. It's difficult to make a clear case for one over the other.

And that's just two guys. What about Wotherspoon and his perfect blend of size, skating, positioning, mobility and first pass? How does he compare. Yeah, it all gets pretty muddled.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Reinhart is a huge question mark at this point in regards to his upside. He has many qualities similar to Glencross, if he gets moved to the wing I could see him filling in a top 6 role when needed in time. I'm a huge fan of his game and think he's going to be an mpact player for us in the near future. I see him as a hybrid of Glencross and Yelle.

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
Reinhart is a huge question mark at this point in regards to his upside. He has many qualities similar to Glencross, if he gets moved to the wing I could see him filling in a top 6 role when needed in time. I'm a huge fan of his game and think he's going to be an mpact player for us in the near future. I see him as a hybrid of Glencross and Yelle.

The major consideration for Reinhart is that he'll get as good as his offensive abilities become. If it keeps going and going, it could be Glencross 2.0. If it peaks out here, he'll round out as an effective, but not necessarily special, bottom 6 forward IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad