News Article: nhl.com: 31 in 31 - Tampa Bay Lightning

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Stacy Roest on Cal Foote:
"I always refer back to Brayden Point a couple years ago," Lightning assistant general manager Stacy Roest said. "When he broke into the League (in 2016-17), he came to camp and I'm not sure anybody thought he was going to be on the opening night roster. The next thing you know, he's on the power play and on one of the top lines."
Volkov:
"He's in our [future] plans, for sure," Roest said. "I was impressed watching him in the bubble in Edmonton. He looked stronger, faster, quicker, and hungrier. He's a great example of being ready for his opportunity and making the most of it. We're really excited with him heading into this season."
Barre-Boulet:
"The hockey sense and quickness with the puck in the corners in making plays through people ... that stuff is tough to teach and [Barre-Boulet] naturally has that," Roest said. "With his size and strength, the skating power needs to improve a bit, but he's working on it in open ice. His hockey sense is very high on the power play."
Raddysh:
"He's one of those players who can just put the puck in the net," Roest said. "His skating, power and quickness are getting better, and the more you watched him play in Syracuse you noticed him without the puck, making plays."
Katchouk:
"When you watch Boris, it's all about the energy," Roest said. "He played some center for us, played left and right wing, and was good on the penalty kill. That's always a bonus that he can play on the penalty kill, and (he) has a really good shot."

Reactions: Todd1a

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I’d guess Kilorn, Johnson, and unfortunately Celery.

Nah, if we can get rid of Killorn and Johnson, we'll find a way to fit Cirelli in. Might involve moving Paquette (or, less likely, Coburn) but we'd get it done.

All that goes out the window though if we have to retain any salary on Johnson or Killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad